What's for dinner?

I don’t know anyone who eats whole lemons! :sweat_smile: as far as I know, they’re Not intended for that.
Pro-tip: squeeza 1/4 of lemon into your gin and tonic. You’llhave all the lemony goodness you want, and no sharpness! :grinning:

1 Like

Not for me. Redcurrants and gooseberries are some of my favorites, and Granny Smiths my go-to everyday fruit.

A good Italian lemon (i.e., not really available here) I might. :wink:

2 Likes

Not really available even here.
Only in the southern regions of Italy you can get those. Here we have the same lemons you can find all over the world.

1 Like

By the way, this is what I found at my parents-in-law today…

5 Likes

Work in progress…

1 Like

H

2 Likes

Ooh! Soufflés?

pumpkin flan with goat cheese fondue

3 Likes

Okay, now that one just looks like a pan full of PiecesOfKates.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: :drooling_face: that looks incredible… Was it difficult to make?

No, not difficult. Just a long process

Disclaimer: the cook is my wife. I was out for job until 7 pm, I just gave a hand when I came home.

2 Likes

How are you getting on with the induction hob?

I’m still not used to it, after 3 months. My wife likes it, but I have to admit she cooked better on the gas. I think it’s just a matter of time, she’ll get used to it. But it takes a while, I suppose.

1 Like

Risotto with quail

2 Likes

We went electrical when we moved to Switzerland, it was a pain in the *beep* at first, but after a while you get used to it and now I actually prefer it over gas.

I suppose it’s the same for induction.

How do you cook by induction?
You cook it for 0 and then, supposed it’s cooked for N, you show it’s cooked also for N+1.

3 Likes

I concur. When we moved to a house with an induction hob I got quite excited, then quickly realised I much prefer a gas hob. It’s just more responsive and much easier to control the heat.

Induction’s obviously easier to clean though.

I found electric even worse. I had that at uni and it took absolutely ages to heat up. Then I’d always lean on it later and burn myself :laughing:

This isn’t a conversation I thought I’d be having on here.

3 Likes

Why?

I used electrical and induction hob both two years ago on vacation. I cook in a very basic way, that must be said. Anyway, what I missed was the “warmth” and presence of the flame. But given the environmental benefits of having induction powered by photovoltaic panels, I think this will bring me choose induction for the future (the same for underfloor heating).

1 Like

Those winter mornings when it’s all dark outside, and the flame under the coffe pot keeps you company before the smell starts to spread out…

7 Likes

Looks like only we two get the joke … :wink:

1 Like

I can imagine that. Unfortunately, in Germany, electrical (and perhaps nowadays induction) are very much the norm. The first time we rented a flat for vacation and were greeted by a gas stove was quite exciting. After managing to turn it on without blowing up the house, I quite liked it, however. It’s a different kind of cooking when you can apply the heat at will (although I thought induction was maybe also more responsive than electrical? never used it so far, but yeah, once a pot is hot, it will stay hot).

1 Like