Not for me. Redcurrants and gooseberries are some of my favorites, and Granny Smiths my go-to everyday fruit.
A good Italian lemon (i.e., not really available here) I might. ![]()
Not for me. Redcurrants and gooseberries are some of my favorites, and Granny Smiths my go-to everyday fruit.
A good Italian lemon (i.e., not really available here) I might. ![]()
Not really available even here.
Only in the southern regions of Italy you can get those. Here we have the same lemons you can find all over the world.
Ooh! Soufflés?
Okay, now that one just looks like a pan full of PiecesOfKates.
that looks incredible… Was it difficult to make?
No, not difficult. Just a long process
Disclaimer: the cook is my wife. I was out for job until 7 pm, I just gave a hand when I came home.
How are you getting on with the induction hob?
I’m still not used to it, after 3 months. My wife likes it, but I have to admit she cooked better on the gas. I think it’s just a matter of time, she’ll get used to it. But it takes a while, I suppose.
We went electrical when we moved to Switzerland, it was a pain in the *beep* at first, but after a while you get used to it and now I actually prefer it over gas.
I suppose it’s the same for induction.
How do you cook by induction?
You cook it for 0 and then, supposed it’s cooked for N, you show it’s cooked also for N+1.
I concur. When we moved to a house with an induction hob I got quite excited, then quickly realised I much prefer a gas hob. It’s just more responsive and much easier to control the heat.
Induction’s obviously easier to clean though.
I found electric even worse. I had that at uni and it took absolutely ages to heat up. Then I’d always lean on it later and burn myself ![]()
This isn’t a conversation I thought I’d be having on here.
Why?
I used electrical and induction hob both two years ago on vacation. I cook in a very basic way, that must be said. Anyway, what I missed was the “warmth” and presence of the flame. But given the environmental benefits of having induction powered by photovoltaic panels, I think this will bring me choose induction for the future (the same for underfloor heating).
Those winter mornings when it’s all dark outside, and the flame under the coffe pot keeps you company before the smell starts to spread out…

Looks like only we two get the joke … ![]()
I can imagine that. Unfortunately, in Germany, electrical (and perhaps nowadays induction) are very much the norm. The first time we rented a flat for vacation and were greeted by a gas stove was quite exciting. After managing to turn it on without blowing up the house, I quite liked it, however. It’s a different kind of cooking when you can apply the heat at will (although I thought induction was maybe also more responsive than electrical? never used it so far, but yeah, once a pot is hot, it will stay hot).
Well, theoretically, induction is like gas. You change the heat at your will. I think you probably have to get used to the new pots, rather than the new hob. Electric is different. It has much more latency in getting hot and cooling down.