What's your favorite Italian TV show?

Here’s mine:

2 Likes

One more reason for me to learn Italian :blush:
When I went to his concert in Rome, he only spoke to the audience in Italian… :disappointed:

1 Like

PS I know the spelling makes no sense, but it’s fun!

1 Like

You won’t even need subtitles. Its original language is english.

1 Like

It’s not really a show but it’s as close as I can get.

3 Likes

I prefer SUPAIDAMAN!

2 Likes

That’s not italian. Quite obvoius statement, but… you never know.

1 Like

It’s still more Italian then the japanese Spider Man! (which is awesome BTW).

But yeah, Italian Spiderman is just Australians pretending to be Italians pretending to be Americans.

1 Like

Italian Spiderman is just Australians pretending to be Italians pretending to be Americans pretending to be italo-americans pretending to be italians.

3 Likes

Jokes apart, mates. Check out that “young pope” thing. I really found it amazing. One of the best TV series ever. Surey, one of the best of the last ten years, together with Fargo, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things.

1 Like

Yeah, many people told me about it in a positive way. My only problem is… :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t have patience for series. But maybe, since I like Sorrentino, I could ask my girlfriend to watch it together on her Netflix account…

1 Like

You won’t regret it.
The best mind-boggling effect is obtained if the watcher is grown-up in a catholic environment but he’s quite disenchanted, just as like the majority of italian guys in our age range.
But it works for everybody. It’s fascinating, sacred and blaspheme. Many Fellinian flavours, many Sorrentinian clichees. And Hollywood glamour, too.

1 Like

Wow @Frenzie how come do you like watching Italian TV shows in italian?

1 Like

And how he is able to see these shows… :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I’d go that far, but we got a satellite when I was about 9 or 10 and the channels from all across Europe and North Africa were a great treasure trove. Cable is so much more limited.

I linked you to how. :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t had “real” TV for a decade.

But if I had a TV, I’d probably have satellite for the much better selection of channels.

For many years, my favourite tv shows were the quizzes with Mike Bongiorno, a real gentleman and professional.
Serious and intransigent.
Like that time, when a woman was surprised to hide some little sheets of paper in her breast, containing a lot of notes, potentially answers to millionaire questions.

(you could try the YouTube automatic subs to fully understand)
1 Like

I remember I saw this episode in TV. Nowadays many people say it was arranged, if I’m right.

Anyway, I’ve had the chanceof speaking about Mr. Bongiorno before. I have mixed feelings about him.
Born american, naturalized italian, he came in Europe and fought facists. He’s also been in jail as a patriot and risked to be executed by rifle. Then he was moved to a german lager. After the war he’s had a major role in italian radio and television until he met Berlusconi. Then he “invented”, with him, the commercial TV in Italy. He started selling and advertising products by video, and made this his real job. At the time I had the age to watch him, he was quite aged already, with nothing to add in my opinion to the quality of the programs. Often being unpolite with guests, and often making dirty jokes masked as arranged “gaffes”… So in the last years I didn’t love him too much. He was very fond in skiing, and was an official ski instructor in Cervinia (even if I don’t think he ever teached). Curiosity: after his death, his coffin was stolen and was found only after one year.

Here is te Wikipedia page. I haven’t read it prior to write the post, so feel free to correct me if I haven’t been accurate:

1 Like

Then you have to be very old. :wink: We had (and have) a satellite dish and the Italian channels were scrambled since the late 80s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are plenty of Italian mostly FTA channels and at least a few dozen radio stations.

Rai Uno, Due, and Tre are mostly unencrypted. Rai Storia is afaik completely FTA. There’s some weird stuff like Tele Pace and Tele Padre Pio, Senato TV, various Radio Italia TV channels (I know, it sounds weird :stuck_out_tongue: ), various regional channels (e.g., Lombardia Sat, Sicilia Sat), QVC Italia (not sure who watches that stuff), and doubtless much more. Maybe some of those no longer exist.

There’s no need for a satellite to get the Rai content since that’s easily accessible online; not sure about the others.

PS We bought the dish in '95 or '96-ish.

1 Like

Not according to my receiver and the official frequency lists. :slight_smile: But I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like