Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

/edit: Next guess, please.

1 Like

Ahh…heck if I know…well, erm…how about:

grafik

Uh, negatory on the cost of this here machine, Red Rider…

Kind of reminds me of this:

1 Like

Did I do that? :grinning:

Yes you did! I really laughed a lot at that retweet. But you can hardly reply to a retweet unless the one who retweeted left a comment on the original as well.

I listen to Christopher Cross a lot regardless, though.

1 Like

Oh shit, I thought it was one of the very few Saxon tracks I like, and it turned out to be a cover.

I´m not their biggest fan either but I like 747(Strangers In The Night).

Then again Quiet Riot´s greatest track is also a cover(that´s almost identical to the original).

I like that one too.

I know we keep cheating on here and just posting songs we like, but this just came on the radio and it reminded me how much I love the synthy bit towards the end (it starts at about 3.18).

I’m definitely partial to a bit of synth - I think it just takes me back to my childhood when there was lots of it around.

Anyone else like this particular sound?

1 Like

Could you kindly maybe just once get out of my head, please?

That synth string part is also my favourite part of the song, was great and moody live with the dimmed lights and the dry ice!

(I even seem to remember the guitarist using the violin bow Jimmy Page style)

1 Like

No!

Yes!

1 Like

I also love the short part in “Is This Love” that comes after every line of the chorus. Sometimes a simple effective synth part can add so much atmosphere. Another good example is “Lullaby” by The Cure. Those synth strings are what make that song for me. Or “I Don´t Want To Live Without You” by Foreigner which has just two notes after everytime the title is sung. It´s just sooooo good. Or The Smith´s “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” that has a synth part that just sounds like driving through the night.

I noticed many people who grew up in the 70s and before can´t understand that. The words “cheesy/corny synths” are often used like a redundancy. But there is sounding like a casio keyboard or sounding like organ on I´m On Fire or those flute like sounds on many Peter Gabriel records.

I don´t know maybe some people just so cynical that they manage to keep a dry eye when they hear the hook of “Another Day In Paradise” (even though I find that very hard to believe) or it´s really just because I grew up listening to those tunes on that neon tube radio in our kitchen all the time that give me those warm fuzzy feelings when I hear those typical 80s sounds.

1 Like

That’s so funny. Just few days ago I had this synth riff in my head and I was trying to recall the name of the song. I wouldn’t think of Whitesnake.

2 Likes

I’d like to introduce you all to one of my favourite YouTube channels: Pogo. He makes magical remixes of Disney films, other films, some adverts, and more.

My current mood is his remix of Mary Poppins.

3 Likes

What I love about this song is that for a second you think he’s singing about a girlfriend he lost (like every other pop song), but really it’s just about his favorite cassette tape :musical_note:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

:grey_question:

Still feelin´ bit guilty for makin you feel uncomfortable. :frowning:

[this is me trying to find a suitable song in response]