Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

Would be less grim than the lyrics being accurate. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m confident that behind every gray rain we will find beautiful and bright colours. Sometimes it’s only hard for us to see them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutley. I think I once went through a phase where I was practically addicted to it. Perfection from start to finish.

1 Like

My song of the day…

Hopefully this version doesn’t get blocked by the :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

Tonight I watched the last episode of the X-Files Season 11.

The following song, that I used to listen to in the 90’s before pushing the joystick’s fire button, can summirize my current mood:

2 Likes

Great. Now I have an earworm. :slight_smile: The original (unmodified) version from Tim Simenon was on the CD version for the CDTV:

2 Likes

:neutral_face: I have no idea what that´s supposed to mean, but I guess I will find out (or not and my money´s on not) in three weeks.

But I´m almost sure that the main melody of the tune is a sped up and transposed (as in “in a different key”) version of this:

1 Like

Not bad. :wink: Cite from Wikiepdia:

The Bitmap Brothers co-operated with the British musician Tim Simenon to include the 1988 Bomb the Bass hip hop track “Megablast (Hip Hop on Precinct 13)” as theme music, which is also the origin of the game’s subtitle. In turn, this song features many samples from Sly and the Family Stone song, “You Can Make It If You Try”, and its theme seems heavily inspired[1] by The Splash Band track “The End (Disco Version)” released in 1984, which is itself based on the theme of John Carpenter’s film Assault on Precinct 13.

Back in the good old Amiga days a lot of musicians just copied or used samples from existing music.

2 Likes

You are right, I didn’t know!

True. The Turrican Subsong 2 is actually from the Transformers movie.

3 Likes

Now you opened a closet of memories!
Here’s the complete Turrican II soundtrack, how much I liked that game back then! (with trainer, heh heh heh!!)

So you have changed your mood of the day night? :slight_smile:
(btw: Do we have a retro video game soundtrack thread?)

I think we have, but it´s really deep down in the first months of this here place.

I’ll have to search for it tomorrow. :slight_smile: But I would like to add that Chris sells his Soundtracks (including Turrican) on Bandcamp:

As far as awesome 8-bits videogame music goes, do you guys remember a NES game called “Solstice”? If I remember well it was a British game and had a fantastic soundtrack.

4 Likes

/edit: I didn’t knew that Ron Gilbert was the lead singer:

6 Likes

In this thread, there’s way more hair metal than I ever thought possible from Thimble fans.

3 Likes