Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

That’s an impossible mission!

Let’s hope and wait - or wait and hope… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah! We need more visitors … :ransome:

1 Like
2 Likes

I knew it, the references to that unforgettable game are countless!

Yeah, it´s funny that I could find exactly those clips. :slight_smile:

So who is Jill, then?

That song is probably a cluster of multiple meanings but… Jill is just a woman that has a power over you, a girlfirend, a drug…

1 Like

Hello…

Ewwww

Isn’t that song some sort of compendium of what the verb to pump may mean? I found at least four that could fit: pumping gasoline (he works in a gas station), pumping drugs (selling or taking drugs), pumping as a sex act, pumping at the gym (look at Iggy…) pumping in a concert.

I like what I perceive like the core of the song, the idea of a(n existing) woman which gives you power and self-esteem, but in the end that’s also like a drug, because it’s something that doesn’t come from yourself, and when its effect ends, you could be at the starting point again (I know that last statement is more personal). It was a song that I used to listen to many years ago during my first long-term relationship, and when it comes to my mind it’s always a signal of warning to not forget about myself, that in the end is what that love affair teached me. Given that I have quite a strong sex drive (not 'cause it’s too recurring, but in the sense that sometimes it completely blows my mind).

Mhhh * puts pipe in mouth *, Well, my son. Why don´t you get over zere and lie down on on zis, so we can talk.

Haha, yeah, exactly like that, sometimes songs for me are like subconscious messages. They just pop into my mind for no apparent reasons. And I particularly like those for a certain period. They tell me about things…

Now, I’ve done all the work, and you want the money?

That´s how it works my friend. As Frasier Crane said, there is a faster way but by far not as lucrative…

Psychoanalysis can be so easy sometimes.

Hmmm, the guy at the bar talks way too fast… First time I see it.
A show I watched as a kid and that I found interesting for its approach was Herman’s Head:

Maybe also guys at Pixar watched it…

Oh that was Lisa was talking about when she claimed she was laughing about something she had seen inside Herman´s head.

1 Like

You’re probably right – I haven’t actually heard it before. I was just being uncouth :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe an american thing, but it usually refers to bodybuilding. For instance Arnold Schwarzenegger´s debut doc about his Mr Universe competition is called Pumping Iron.

:flushed:

Erm…never mind, seems you were right from the start!

2 Likes