Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

Guess which movie I’ve watched yesterday? :wink:

Radio (2003). :grinning:

2 Likes

Metropolis? :robot:

3 Likes

You know, I know that movie but I’ve never watched it. I’ll do for sure during these holidays!

3 Likes

You’ll love it. It is an incredibly modern movie, it has a strongly powerful visual impact. I get the chills every time I watch it.

I know that some people could argue, but… I suggest to go for the Moroder version of 1984. It lacks some parts and it has different color casts which change throughout the movie… sepia, pink, blue… And obviously it has an '80s soundtrack. It is quite short (60 minutes long AFAIR).
I think it’s a good way to get familiar with it. Then, if you like it, you can always go for the (near)full restored version, but it is quite long and if you’re not used to watch silent movies could be quite boring.
Then let us know in the thread about movies!

1 Like

It’s great, worth the fuss. Make sure to watch the newer remastered version with restored footage from Argentina that was thought to be lost forever. :wink:

Still need to see that one. My version still has the intertitles describing the missing scenes.

The visuals are amazing in any version. There would be no Blade Runner, Akira or Fifth Element without it probably (and the Robot Woman´s design was the blueprint for C3PO).

The UK’s Christmas Number One 2018! :christmas_tree: :notes:

2 Likes

What the… I must’ve missed this!

I had no idea about it either, until I heard it on the radio yesterday!

2 Likes

I guess most brits will know this tune (and probably are tired of it) so here´s two cool “metal covers”*.

*As in covers by metal bands but they stick fairly close to the mood of the original.

2 Likes

Just watch the first minute…

2 Likes

AAAAARGH!
apollo%202

2 Likes

It’s the case 1-4 (game 1, case 4), it’s famous because the murder is placed in the Christmas eve.

2 Likes
1 Like

:arrow_left: :arrow_right: :arrow_down: :arrow_up:

(that’s me pointing at all your friends on the forum)

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to all you lovely people!

Fröhliche Weihnachten!
Joyeux Nöel
¡Feliz Navidad!
Buon Natale!
vrolijk kerstfeest!

4 Likes

This is my Christmas song of the day.

3 Likes
1 Like