Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

Telephone Line is even sadder. I hate it when no one answers my calls. :frowning:

1 Like

My favourite ELO song is a happy one - The Diary of Horace Wimp. The story of a hopeless guy who finds love (and a life) in a week.

2 Likes

Ah, the old minor to major switcheroo trick. Very clever. My friend and I used to do that with “Paint it Black” and make it sound irritatingly sunny…

But here is my song of the day (and pretty much every day):

1 Like

It’s time for some powerful and masculine music:

2 Likes

Great song, my favourite off the album is probably The Red And The Black.

I don’t know, I was a bit unimpressed by that. It didn’t seem very inspired to me.

the songs I prefer in that album are (from best to worst) book of souls, man of sorrows, death or glory, speed of light, shadows of the valley.

So you´re not much into the epics then? Surprised not to see Empire Of The Clouds On there. I also love If Eternity Should Fail, seems to be a good concert opener, too.

Empire of the cloud has good moments, but I find it too “solemn” for its quality. As if it believes to be more than it is.

I wish Iron Maiden would remake “Infinite dreams” with their new sound. The song is great, but the sound has aged.

My favourite song of theirs are probably The Alchemist, Moonchild and Brave new World the Clairvoyant, and Infinite Dreams (and aces high, and many more).

Yeah I love Seventh Son Of A Seventh son especially the title song with that eerie middle part and Infinite Dreams too!

Listening favourite Maiden songs would make too a long list for me.

2 Likes

Hold on a sec…

https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/t/to-beep-or-not-to-beep-that-is-the-question/2407/60

:thinking: …Am I responsible for that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, well deduced :upside_down_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

You were typing in the forums made for Thimbleweed Park,
when I met youuu… :musical_note:

3 Likes

Hey that´s true! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My song of the day. Not safe for work.

2 Likes

Strangely striking.

Suitable for looping it the entire day while working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dire Straits, Maiden…you know your guitar rock, man! :+1: :guitar: :notes:

1 Like

I’ve just written the title line of this song in a leaving card for a colleague, who I sang with at a mini carol concert at work.

Now it’s stuck in my head. You’re welcome.

2 Likes