Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

Oh yeah? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the terms established by the game, yes! I refilled their oxygen some three times so far so if that were an issue they would’ve died ten times over while I was traveling the globe. The game has clearly established it as being real-time.

You are missing an object.
Think of Franklin.
No, not that Franklin. The older one… and the most famous one, in history!

1 Like

So you cannot see her name anymore in Switch?
If her oxygen is low the game should have switched to her and should have told you.

Are you sure you haven’t kept the game running while going to eat or something? Or took her helmet off and forgot it :slight_smile:
Note that there are no tombstones, the actors just disappear.

No, she disappeared. I started over from my save at shard point.

It’s possible that I forgot to pause it, but not that I forgot to put my laptop in standby. I suppose I’ll try putting my laptop in standby without pausing the game to see what happens later.

ScummVM itself has been running for, I don’t know, five days or something.

Ah yes, the one from DoTT. :stuck_out_tongue: You’re not saying I need a kite, are you?

1 Like

If you pause it then this time won’t count.
But maybe you are right about this standby thing.

I know it doesn’t. Like I said, they would’ve died a great many times already. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly!

Do you think you need a kite in Stonehenge?

I thought just the altar would do. But I already tried sticking the butter knife in it as a lightning rod or something before I read your message. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey! I did! :blush:

You are on the good way! Just you need… the right object to do what you need to do™.

1 Like

That’s enough hints already. You’re on the right track @Frenzie!

Btw. did you put Melissa somewhere safe since she didn’t die a horrible death by suffocation?

Since she seemed kinda useless for now I stuck her in a room with the broom alien for punishment. J/k 'cause Leslie took that thing with her.

Edit: like this:

scummvm00079

OMG she’s a witch!

scummvm00082

5 Likes

Ohhh I know what you’re talking about now :grin:

1 Like

Congrats, you have aquired Chekov´s Hairpin*!

*not sure if that may or may not be a huge spoiler. YMMV, I guess. :man_shrugging:

It wasn’t a spoiler :slight_smile: unless the Chekhov bit is… I can’t figure you out this time though…

It would be, but then again I remembered that even Thimbleweed Park flat out told you that you would need that device that Ray got in her package only very very late in the game. This is similar.