Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

It would be interesting to know if the majority of the players have chosen this most obvious or the other, more violent solution:slight_smile:

1 Like

Some people don’t even realise they have got it in the first place. So it’s probably the latter.

1 Like

@Someone Well, I didn’t intend for the butter knife, stick, wire cutter, possibly others to be violent. I only tried that because I was in PiecesOfKate’s position and thought maybe if I chased it off with the stick and then gave it the peanuts it’d solve all my problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Frenzie: Hm… yes, a lot of people may think that they can chase (and not kill) the squirrel with the stick. And there is no warning about that - a stick isn’t deadly at first sight. :slight_smile: Beside that, a lot of walkthroughs propose the/a violent solution. :slight_smile: This could be another reason why the violent solution is so popular.

You mean a violent solution in the sense of then you can use the squirrel nest? I was mildly stumped for a little while but the bird’s nest wasn’t that hard to find in the end.

Yes, exactly. The nest with the squirrel is much easier to find in the dark with the “what is” verb than the bird’s nest. For example I’ve overlooked it at my replay (see my post somewhere above) :slight_smile: In addition Zak refuses to pick up the bird’s nest and if you walk around the squirrel makes some noises. So the player might come the conclusion that the bird’s nest is useless and that he has to get rid of the squirrel…

1 Like

I would’ve needed to backtrack (whether in game or from a save game) if not for that spoiler @PiecesOfKate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it safe for me to read that? And the ones that follow?

See, I helped :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What have you done in the cave so far?

Did you solve the squirrel issue?

That’s not enough because the squirrel puzzle has two parts. :slight_smile:

This is my favourite event so far :rofl:

3 Likes

Nothing much yet. I put some things in the fire pit but don’t have enough kindling to keep the fire going.

make good thorough use of “what is”

1 Like

Alright, I’m trying out the FM-Towns version to see what they made it look like. I already discovered another way to kill Sushi right at the beginning!

Experiment related to my latest screenshot: can I make the alien come with me?
The answer: no. Even when they’re both under the beam at the right time (after 22 buzzes), only Zak teleports. (And only if he hasn’t been stopped by the alien yet.)

1 Like

I have made small videos of those moments. I only need to edit them into a single video-compilation.

1 Like

22? That’s some perseverance!

1 Like

They’re very fast, so you don’t have to wait long. But it took quite a few tries to get the timing right.
I’m disappointed that the result wasn’t very interesting :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah, @David! Why didn’t you think of THAT?
:smile:

1 Like