Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

*beep* you Mindbender!

1 Like

Oh, and you can run away from the Aliens in the C64 version as well!

3 Likes

Btw. your Google Drive videos require a login while those from others don’t.

Edit: It seems to work now!

If I´m not logged into google I can´t view any of those videos.

Exactly. That’s likely the reasons we remember it’s not possible.

You mean videos from Sushi only?
It worked for me for PiecesOfKate and tasse-tee in the past (I think both posted videos on Google Drive at some point).
But Sushi seems to work now too (different browsers, different computers, with and without incognito mode).

No, I can´t see any of PiecesOfKate´s videos when I´m not logged into google (like when I use firefox in private mode)

Ok… I managed to win the lottery, but only the first time. I tried two times more, and I didn’t win. Is that it? I need more than 600$, to travel to the guru and back, and show him the blue crystal (i guess).

(I have to say I wasn’t happy about the mechanics: I had to click “buy” and then the lotto sign. of course it took long to find this. I didn’t want to buy a sign.).

No idea…
I just click “get shareable link” and paste that as a link here.

Wow, you won $600? :open_mouth:

Oh boy! you really are lucky!

SPOILER you should find a way to really win the lottery. Like every time. And the big one too… around $10,000

Unfortunately, if you did not show the guru yet, I am afraid you’ve reached a dead end.

it isn’t a sign. It is a verb “play lotto” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am confused… IIRC you told me that before I went to the Mexico maze I only had to visit the shaman in Kinshasha (to know the pattern to draw). Now you are saying I also needed to visit the guru first?

So to sum up, I need to do something in kinshasha and in nepal before going to mexico?

Btw I could not even find the damn guru in nepal. I am just assuming the guru lives there, I’m not sure. (but don’t tell me).

Take another look at your new verbs.

Yes, you need to show him this.
Another money hint: don’t worry about a return ticket.

Is there somewhere you haven’t explored yet, in that location?

2 Likes

Don´t they usual dwell in ashrams or places like that? :thinking:

1 Like

I must replay it. Definitely.

3 Likes

If you want to get more money, yes.
Not needed before you can do something in Mexico.

That is still true.

It’s safe to say that Zak is not a linear game. There is a more optimal way/order of doing things. Once you figure that out, you do not even need additional cash. But if you’re on your first playthrough(s), expect to run out. It’s part of the experience and there really is some funny (albeit optional) puzzle chain and location involved in getting more money.

Also, you had indicated to not give real hints but just letting you know if you needed to visit another location before you could do something in Mexico, so I did just that.

2 Likes

:joy:

(or actually, do you mean sell ?)

1 Like

Well yeah :grin:

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I actually didn’t notice it for a long time, either…

Ok… I didn’t worry about a return ticket, as instructed. I went to Nepal. I found the guru. He instructed me about the blue crystal. I also took the flagpole. And now I am stuck in Nepal without money. Is it a dead end? :slight_smile:

Also, I sold guitar and wet suit for a mere 200 bucks. Useless…

2 Likes

What can you do with the blue crystal?

Why are they useless?

2 Likes