Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

it is my understanding I can enter the mind of animals. I try it on the yak, which is the only animal here, and Zak says “not now, the policeman might catch me”. (I lit a fire)

200 bucks are useless because ticket back costs 1300$ or so…

Ah, Ok, I thought the objects were useless. :slight_smile:

Just wait a little bit and try again…
Like Zak said : “not now

2 Likes

Gahhh spoilers…

1 Like

Blur blur blur, people!

And Kate, don’t read…don’t unblur.

How far have you progressed in the mean time?

ok… I took off the hat and nose glasses, and I let the alien catch me. This spared me the fare back to SFO. But annie would not enter the hole to save me!. I waited and the alien (incredibly) released me :). I got the crystal and crystal shards back. But now I am in SFO without money. (only 600$). Annie has 5500$, but can’t use the crystal. Is this a dead end?

No further - I got very distracted by those Sega challenges!

No it’s not a dead end.

First: you can transfer money.
Second: you should already have enough money now to travel to a location you…didn’t go to yet

2 Likes

Did you read the newspaper that came with the game?

2 Likes

So, you’re trying to beat my no rings time too?

Oops

I played the C64 version just recently. I’m not confusing it for the FM-Towns thing. :wink:

Ok… I’ve bought a ticket to Lima and given it to Zak. Zak went there, entered the mind of the bird and took the scroll. The bird gave it to zak. The alien abducted Zak and we’re back to SFO. With annie, I got the scroll, the whisky, the shards and the wire cutters. I went to london. I put the shards on the platform. I read the scroll. The lightning comes, but the shards are not merged! So frustrating.

Then, With Zak, I went to the Bermuda triangle. I jumped down in the water. I wore the oxigen tank, the wet suit, the fish bowl. I swam to underwater… and nothing happens. Again, so frustrating…

I’ll read the newspaper that comes with the game…

My question is: am I stuck due to overlooking something? The second question is: where can I act next?

about the first thing:

you need something to redirect the lighining…

about the second thing:

there is something moving in the ocean, maybe a shark. Try to catch its attention…

1 Like

Not bad! But think about how lightning works in real life…

There is one article in the newspaper…

1 Like

Ok… I merged the crystal with the help of the flagpole. The puzzle is fair but I have to say the implementation is very misleading. The lightning was already striking the crystal perfectly, even without the flagpole. It looks like nothing is missing. A good implementation should have never allowed the lightning fall on the crystal.

Anyway, I’m back to sfo with the yellow crystal, I have no money to get zak to the shaman. I can bring Annie, but the shaman says that she can’t use the yellow crystal and Zak must be brought there. Now, I can have Annie buy the first ticket to london and give it to zak, but zak should then buy two tickets, one for nepal and one for zaire. And I only have 600$. I don’t see how to transfer funds from annie’s cashcard to zak’s.

So I went to the bermuda. Once @ZakPhoenixMcKracken told me to attract the attention of the dolphin, I did it. Another fair puzzle with a misleading implementation: I had already thought of using the crystal but the dolphin wasn’t selectable. So I assumed it was part of the scenery. Anyway, I am now in sfo with the thing I took under the sea, but no money to get to zaire.

As usual I’d like to know 1) if I’m stuck; 2) where to act next, not what to do.

Once the dolphin is near me, floating up and down, I can use the blue crystal on the dolphin.

about the money:

Annie can buy a ticket, and then give it to me.
But there is a way to GAIN $10,000 and the place where you can find all the needed information is… the Bermuda Triangle.

please don’t tell me what to do, but where can I do something :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK. Go to the bermuda triangle.

1 Like

I already solved that part I think. I took the crystal thing under the weeds and got back to sfo with it.. No, wait, I read you wrote there’s another thing to do there , about the money :slight_smile: Interesting :slight_smile: