Art style for remakes?

Instead of the Monkey Kombat, we shall implement an Ultimate Sword Fight including ALL insults from MI 1 AND CoMI. :wink:

Also, I think that Toothrot should not be Elaine’s grandfather. He should just remain as a running gag.

1 Like

The concepts are great…but Disney is the problem…otherwise it would have to have a different “legal” names and some story updates etc etc etc… it looks like no money from it, just lots of wasted time…but I am sure, my personal feel would be blessed :slight_smile:

I think, Bill Tyler has those issues recently, meaning…he is always trying to make something similar to lucasfilm classic by adding part of it into his games and use the advantage of it…but it just doesn’t work and he is pretty much bankrupt.

Moriarty doesn’t want to do any Loom sequels neither, because of Disney and Schafer is not supporting any other teams than himself. Disney is just a ass greedy corporation compare other studios that are opened to it. I am glad that Purcell keeps license for Sam&Max sequels.

And why not creating something new?

Some of the greatest things were made because artists couldn´t get the rights to stuff.
George Lucas wanted to remake Flash Gordon, couldn´t get clearance so he went ahead and made Star Wars instead. There are more examples like that out there. Get creative people!

2 Likes

Yep. And I can’t comprehend why remakes (and demakes) are so popular. Same with fan adventures: I would love to play a unique new game with a weird physicist who is clever like McGyver instead of the 189th Indy fan game where I have to find a holy crystal box in some caves.

2 Likes

He should join Terrible Toybox as an artist and start another Kickstarter with them - for a 2D game, based on the TWP engine.

Absolutely correct. The only issue with creating an entirely new game would be the need of play testing, cutting/improving contents. It’s definitely more work. On the other hand, you could sell your game, so that it may be worth the effort, eventually - whereas someone who makes a remake/demake even has to be happy if his game doesn’t get forbidden by the owner of the IP.

Totally agree. If Patrik asked us which one he should choose, a remake or a new game, I definitely would answer: “A new game!”

So you want to do a game like Indiana Jones, you can’t get the license, so… maybe choose a new period, like nowadays, a new character, a woman, and tease kids imaginery with something great… like enormous size of boobs!
Ahem this has already been done but, you know, that’s the spirit! Eheh

Getting serious…

That would be great for example.

1 Like

Well, a 70 year old, nearly deaf and blind “Indiana Jones” like hero would be an interesting starting point. :wink: (And I’m really curious about the story of the next Indy movie - Harrison Ford is now 74 …)

I wonder why no one made an official McGyver adventure game. “The A Team” could also be suitable for an adventure game.

1 Like

Especially since crafting is all the rage in gaming these days.

Or an RPG. The actual A-Team C64 game wasn´t that good, though…

I’m sure there will be Russians again. But, it’s hard to imagine an interesting story for such a movie. Maybe Indy will fly to the moon this time, in order to get an alien artifact before the Russians get there? I don’t know. :grin:

1 Like

Yes according to the timeline dictated by Harrison Ford´s age the next one would take place in 1969, so you got 20 more years of russians.

The problem with russians however was that it didn´t really make much sense because other than the nazis the russians weren´t really treassure hunters of occult artifacts.

That’s true. I guess that it will just be similarly far-fetched as the 4th movie. Well, actually, all Indy movies are extremely far-fetched anyway.

Of course. Had the 4th one been more fun we´d given a lot more a pass, I´m sure.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t connect IJ with Russians at all…I think it wasn’t a good move from Spielberg. Nazi were the best choice back then, because Hitler was crazy about artifacts, he got the best pieces in the world…(violent way)

There are tons of places to make the story interesting…egypt, guatemala, brazil, peru, argentina, algeria, morocco etc… enemies are in every country.
Jones is old, retired Nazis as well…they still can be part of it…(personal way).

BTW: talking about new IJ,.,… thats what Naughty Dog does, …Uncharted is pretty much like a IJ with different names.

3 Likes

That is actually a very good idea, especially considering a possible latin american (argentinan, brazlian etc.) setting considering many former nazis hid there after the war.

It could feature a twist where a competing treasure hunter turns out to be a former nazi trying to inflict his his infamous torture methods (ála Laurence Oliver in The Marathon Man) on the captured Jones in the final act.

That would be…you know a lot better twist than that whole double/tripple agent nonsense.

I´m curious how these games play. Looks like lots and lots of climbing to me.

Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece…you should try, I haven’t found any glitch.

1 Like

And we got MM, Zak and MI thanks to Lucasfilm not having the license to produce a Star Wars game the first ten years or so.

2 Likes

I remember, last year we have been talking about the Star Wars point&click adventure game… something that looks better than Space Quest or Startrek… but again, damn Disney :slight_smile:

One of them could have stolen Indy’s hat in 1939, which had a piece of paper inside its brim for a better fit. But while Indy is at Woodstock, his son tells him that a piece of an old map is missing (and then trips out on acid so we don’t have to watch him for the rest of the movie), and Indy remembers that it must be in the hat. 2.5 h of exciting treasure hunting movie later it is revealed to be a treasure of mythical proportions, like Luke’s last known location or a good movie script from the '80s.

1 Like

1 Like