FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

I get the idea but to add yet another big event seems a bit like overkill to me.

What I like even less though is the idea of having a tournament take place in a big number of different countries which seems just like en environmental catastrophe.

1 Like

Oooooo, you did NOT just go there… :grimacing: :joy:

3 Likes

(French) Fries vs Chips

(We invented chips in the late 1860s , they invented what Americans coined French Fries (I suspect because most Americans don’t have an idea where Belgium is)

1 Like

Nations - Good idea, better nations play better nations but what about the lesser ones like Scotland Ireland and others, they won’t get better playing teams at that low level.

I don’t understand why they don’t just scrap qualifying and re-configure this Nations league as a competitive qualifying thing, not sure how
but seems pointless to play in a competitive competition, only to then have to still qualify

They said there will be a few places through this in a play-off.
?

Euro 2020 - Yeah it is chaos . For fans for teams for everything.

1 Like

@milanfahrnholz

Having said that… Euro 2020, Semi Finals and Final at Wembley. :smiley:

You like playing at Wembley too. This being New Wembley though…

1 Like

I also thought before of:
Belgium vs England 2: Moules Frites vs Fish’n’ Chips - nah… too long and everyone will want to eat some instead of watching the game.

2 Likes

Sam & M… I mean Belgium & England Season 2: Beyond Tackles and Strikers

England McEngland and the Alien Ball-Kickers

I think this is the best one :yum:

3 Likes

@Sushi @tasse-tee the best one is:

@milanfahrnholz

We hate the French more than you do Vs Oh no you don’t

1 Like

:joy:

No, yours are better!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

At least we got to play against some real countries vs the easy way out

(Sorry ! :wink: )

1 Like

Ohhhh, saturday´s gonna be so much fun! :grin:

2 Likes

But why? The only fights @tasse-tee and me have is about who came up with the best joke…
You!
No you!

You deserve to win!
No you do!

And it will only nauseate you even more… :smile:

1 Like

Not too bothered. I know Gareth will rest the 11 who played last 3 games. Rashford might get a game but Kane won’t. Belgium might shove Elbows on but Hazard, Company, Kevin Brown won’t be playing knowing my luck Lukaku will play and get injured. :confused: - Man United

I see Belgium winning comfortably. 4th or 3rd I mean I’d like 3rd but it won’t hurt to finish fourth. It has been 28 years since Germany broke our hearts the last time we got that far in a World Cup, Italia 1990 which most think is a poor world cup, but surprisingly Germany doesn’t :rofl:

Belgium should have won this World Cup with the players they have. Super under achievement like England in 98. Golden generation gone to waste. I was happy with this World Cup when Germany went out.

Doing better than Germany is how I guague a successful World Cup for us.

:open_mouth:
Why so negative?
They beat Brazil against all odds, they reach the semis for the second time in history and stand a better chance to finish 3rd (which would be a record) everyone agrees they’re the most attractively playing team,…

Plus Mick Jagger came to watch our match against France.
You can’t argue with :tongue::lips:

3 Likes

oh tu es belge je pensais que tu étais français?

Tu as raison, la 3ème n’est pas si mauvaise. Mais vous auriez dû battre la France et gagner la coupe.

Well, if you are playing that game, I like Stella Artois. And ‘French’ Fries. So Mick Jaggar was there when you couldn’t get no satisfaction :smiley:

Maar ge denkt nog steeds dat ik franstalig ben… :wink:

Well, if you would have won the group phase, you could have done that…

3 Likes

Ah ok. Fair play. You speak Dutch?

I like the idea. I mean, friendlies were a loss of time in my opinion, giving some purpose to those matches is good. It doesn’t change much, national teams were going to play against each other anyway. But now it’s more structured, you have friendlies with teams about your strength, there are points involved (it’s anyway a psychological advantage) and the whole promotion/relegation mechanism is interesting.

Not to mention that it gives Group D winners a chance to qualify to the EC. So it’s very good for the development of smaller federations. San Marino or Liechtenstein end up every fourth year in a group with teams way out of their reach. On the Nations League they’ll have fairer matches.

1 Like

@Guga See how it goes. I’d prefer it to replace qualifying in some way. I hope it works out. If we fazed out pointless friendlies with nations like Cameroon and stuff that would make sense though my only real Q is when we would then get to play Brasil or Argentina?