FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Never! :smiley:

Actually I think cross-confederation friendlies are organized by FIFA, while the Nations League is going to replace the UEFA friendlies. So there might still be the chance. However, those were rare anyway.

The same idea will be implemented in CONCACAF too starting this year. Who knows, maybe we’ll have it in every confederation and then we’ll have every year some sort of Confederations Cup where the winner of every Nations League will play against each other.

1 Like

@Guga I do like the idea of playing these games against better nations. I can’t see the point of England, for example playing Nigera and Costa Rica. I do see the benefit of Spain, Italy, Germany Holland. The top leagues. Makes good sense not just at international level but because those are the top leagues in the world and majority of players for each of those nations plays in one of those leagues. So the players all know each other more or less rather than play a team whos league you’ve never heard of. Brasil and Argentinas leagues are rubbish and we could name one or two teams from both? But of course all the good players play in one of the top leagues in Europe. And we all love the Champions League. Maybe this will be a fun competition as long as we don’t play more games in total. At least these games will be worth playing to learn from.

No hablo ingles…
:wink:

2 Likes

As far as I know, there are no French users on this forum.

1 Like

France doesn’t actually exist, kinda like Molise.

2 Likes

Or Bielefeld.

England fans gutted not to reach final. Fair enough but so very much potential and positives to take

Harry Kane should take Golden Boot

Got further than all other heavyweights

Team will only get better as players get to peak ages. In other England news…

• UEFA Under-21 Championship Semi Finalists

• England Under 21s Toulon Tournament Winners 2018

• (3 in a row)

• England Under 20’s World Cup Champions 2017

• FIFA U-17 World Cup Champions (hammered spain 5-2 in final)

• England Under-17 Championship Runners-Up

• UEFA Under-19 Championship Winners

And most of the players in the full England squad played at youth levels

I can’t tell if you missed my reference or just wanted to go there. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: (3 bonus smileys for @milanfahrnholz)

CoMI: got that one all right
Man city: no idea… football whatever…

You are not alone. Until the Billionaire owner took over, no one in Europe knew they even existed. If you said Manchester they thought United.

Oh, but I don’t mean to discriminate. I wouldn’t know the difference between both teams even if they bit me in the ***. I only know the guys from Oasis like one of them but not the other. That’s probably the first time I ever heard about either.

1 Like

It’s ok, I was being funny. I’m a Man United fan they are our big rivals but until the late 90s it was true that unless you were English yourself you had never heard of them, they were in the Third Division back then not winning the EPL.

Let’s see about that after tomorrow, shall we? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not that one, this one.

Yeah, no, I had no idea…

I don’t consider Belguim a heavyweight, sorry. I meant former World Champions.

Well Someone predicted from the very beginning that Germany would be out in the group stage, and he was right. Since then all logic about heavyweight teams winning seems to have flown out the window. Therefore Croatia will win the cup.*

England getting to at least 4th place seems to defy logic as well. Seems like every 4-years there’s hype about “this year it’s our year” and they disappoint. Don’t feel bad, English folks, I’m not trying to knock your team. My country didn’t even qualify so I usually root for you unless the US or Chile are playing.

*Disclaimer: statements may not be valid.

6 Likes

Like Uruguay? Because they won twice…

3 Likes

So, here is me hoping the game later won´t shatter any forum friendships. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

So, between @Sushi / @Frenzie vs. @tasse-tee / @PiecesOfKate who will win?