FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

It’s a game.
A reset will fix everything.

4 Likes

Why does this have to be exclusivly male vs female, though? Remember we have @anon36378415 now, too.

Any belgish girls here? Anyone?

Between us actually, I’d bet on the Kat(i)es.
But between our national teams: Belgium of course (Netherlands didn’t qualify…)
1-0…

:raising_hand_woman:

well… for football anyway

1 Like

You mean if you guys actually played real life football? I think I´d lose against anyone despite having been a passable goalie. I always was the one they argued about who had to take me on their team at school.

That´s confusing me on so many levels now.

Reads spoiler text: Ah, okay.

Well, not bad for a start!

Yes.

You too?
I can relate to that. I always played defense. But I flinched at every shot.

Yeah, Frenzie would have blown my cover anyway (we met in real life). But it would have been a fun joke to keep up for a couple of days at least. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn´t even know that, that´s way cool! So I guess you´re not too far apart like @someone and I am or @PiecesOfKate and @tasse-tee (each of us being on north and southern ends each of their respective countries).

Yes, but the benefit of the team that had to take me, also got to choose who got to beat me up afterwards.

1 Like

My stamina ought to be okay, but my technique is probably abominable. I reckon it’s been at the very least a decade since I last touched a football, not counting passing one back to some kids on the street. :wink:

I live in west Antwerp; he lives a little less than half an hour away with good traffic (near Mechelen). Actually I work further east than he does, so our paths should nigh cross on a daily basis.

(I work some 2 km south of where we met up.)

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

I love playing, but haven’t had a chance to play a real match since a work league about 10 years ago… and we lost every match… both seasons.

1 Like

Uruguay are legitmate Heavyweights, yes.

Suicide attempts, coital techniques… I seem to be doing well on phrases that can be quoted out of context this weekend. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@Sushi seems to have an issue with me anyway, so I’m not bothered. Finishing 3rd would be nice but it doesn’t mean anything. You got to the Semi final, you didn’t get to the final. No runner up. Like doing the Egg and Spoon race at school and at the end they give you the spoon.

For a game that means nothing, I couldn’t even be bothered to turn the tv over. If it brings you so much joy, I hereby give Belgium my permission to win this worthless game.

I am male. Not sure what you mean. I came here for the game chat, that is all.

1 Like

COOOOOME OOOOOONN EEENNNGLLLLLAAAANDDDD ETC.!!!

I feel like we’re going to have to do something drastic to win this game… maybe move Kane and Sterling back into defence and put Maguire and Trippier up front, let them have a crack at scoring.

2 Likes

Hazard thanks you! :wink:

You are right, I didn’t remember where Vince come from.

:rofl: (I´ll explain that later)

Erm… no. And Milan wasn’t referring to us two I guess. :man_shrugging:

I’ll make you a deal: we take the third place and France loses tomorrow. Sounds like a win-win?
We, non former worldcup champions would be very happy with a third place.

1 Like