How is the weather (right now)

Why you beeping Bavarians get all the beeping rain in this beeping summer? That’s beeeeping beep! :ransome:

1 Like

You get a lot more storms on the coast than we do. But yeah we had heavy rainfalls the last few days.

Can I ask you guys about a good VR headset for smartphones? A dear friend made me watch some virtual reconstructions he made, but as usual I hated the experience with the VR headset since my eyes and lately my head hurts in a few minutes. I have 20/20 sight.

No. We hadn’t any wind since three or four weeks. You should have much more wind and storms because of the Alps.

I haven’t any experiences with VR headsets yet. But have you tried the Cardboard method for Smartphones? You can chose the lenses depending on your ametropia.

1 Like

The first wind we had in weeks was past wednesday. The alps are still quite a bit away. We have like the weirdest micro climate.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a good tip. Understanding (simple) optical principles behind the technology could allow to choose more carefully. What I didn’t like the most was that my eyes were too close to the image shown. If I could find a way to have a non-bothersome experience I could even like it…

Yes, that’s what I don’t like too. But with cardboard you could try to construct a more suitable version. :wink: And I assume that you wear it only for a few minutes - or do you have to wear it several hours?

1 Like

I have a cardboard VR thing; I got it for free. I used it to watch the Ducktales 360° video and to play some Tomb Raider VR with one of the apps that allow you to use your phone for Steam VR.

Maybe/hopefully it’s different with one of those dedicated €500+ devices, but it mostly felt very gimmicky to me. Sure, it’s kind of cool to be able to look around 360° and you do perhaps feel a little bit more immersed… but eh, I’d much rather get an 8k monitor or something.

2 Likes

The differences can be huge even on the same system. The enviorment just can feel a lot more different also depends a great deal if motion controllers are used in a creative way or not. Once you really feel like you interact with the game yourself it changes the gameplay feel completly.

1 Like

Hmm, so I should combine a Wii emulator + Wiimotes with some kind of Steam VR on my cellphone hack? :smiley:

But yeah, of course I only have my Xbox One controller. I thought that’s all that came with that Occulus Rift thing regardless though?

Edit: btw, I definitely loved some of that Wii stuff. But I think any kind of headset would make that much, much worse, even without cables. Only if it were like swimming glasses maybe it might work…

I think any good system should have some sort of motion controllers now? I have PS4 VR and it works great.

I hope they manage to make them wireless one day, that would be perfect.

Apparently that was just a launch-time thing back in 2016 since they hadn’t finished the controllers then.

1 Like

I know someone who after trying it out for the first time she suggested some kind of giant hamsterball to move in around. I think we´re pretty far from that to have in our living rooms, though.

No, we are close:

I don’t know if the Onmi was a success, but you could actually buy it AFAIR.

Sweat. So much sweat.

Isn’t sweat sweet?

(actually it’s salty, I know :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Only sweating sweets would be sweet but not sweating sweat.

4 Likes

I just imagined how this conversion would seem if the word “sweat” were bleeped out of the last couple of posts.

1 Like