In Memory [Obituary Thread]

I´m a bit bummed that I saw many of the best sights in London only from a distance from the driving bus (Battersea Powerstation, Abbey Road crossing, Royal Albert Hall).

Several reasons to go back there, really!

1 Like

Well, they probably do have good reasons. I guess people who lives there doesn’t like people taking selfies in front of their door. And I bet if there wasn’t a guard, the place would be covered in flowers and graffiti. I wouldn’t be so strict, though. If one person behaves respectfully and takes a discreet picture, no harm for anybody.
I’ve been in NY twice, but never passed by. I’d like to visit the building facade, but mostly because it was featured in Rosemary’s Baby and it’s a beautiful building.

1 Like

And Yoko still lives there today.

But yeah, for Rosemary´s Baby the interior would be interesting.

Oh, that’s a good reason to avoid people loitering there.

1 Like

Yoko really doesn’t like it when people congregate on the anniversary of John’s death in December. She’s been known to call the cops every year, and I don’t blame her.

It’s much better that we celebrate his birthday (coming up soon).

1 Like

I´ve seen several old episodes of the Dick Cavett show lately among them the one with John and Yoko and really had mixed feelings when they talked about how their citzenship was in question at the time but how they refused to leave because of the kids.

Of course they were targets and obviously mistreated because the Nixon adminstration just wanted to get rid of them, but then I thought. Ahhh, had they left he might as well be still alive.

1 Like

1 Like

It scares me that next year there will be people allowed to vote that were born after the event. It makes me feel old.

1 Like

Me too. 9/11 was closer to my birth than to today. (That’s not true for my wife. I wonder if that makes her feel older or younger… :wink: )

This video made me feel pretty young though:

Ben Daglish, 52, died suddenly.
He was a master in chiptunes, especially for c64.
One example: Last Ninja

3 Likes

Now she finally joined him…

1 Like
Move  C:\Earth\USA\Washington\Seattle\Paul_Allen  C:\Heaven
Attrib  C:\Heaven\Paul_Allen /immortal

Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft.

1 Like

The man who inspired Nintendo’s Super Mario has died. He was 84. Mario Segale.

2 Likes

So that’s where Nintendo got the name of their character from!! :open_mouth:
I always thought they just picked a generic Italian name…

that’s an odd story, but it has been verified.
who would have thought?

2 Likes

Excelsior! :frowning:

4 Likes

This is from 1995:

(from the “spegni il computer e vai a dormire” page)

4 Likes

Oh this makes me sad.

Most of the newspapers just adress him as “the actor who portrayed Hitler in Downfall”. He was much more than this, starring brillant in movies like “Wings of Desire”, “Faraway, so close!” and many others. Rest in peace.

1 Like

The doomed Jonathan Harker in Werner Herzog´s Nosferatu also comes to mind.

Yeah, I just read that.