Let's play... Nintendo games!

I assume that this is a problem with the recording software - or the emulation of the sound chip has some problems with his PC.

Oh, yeah!

1 Like

I actually played an in-browser Zelda game like that on my laptop* and it did the same kind of interrupting glitch. It’s not just the sound, but the whole game freezes for a split sec. Once you get over the annoyance factor, it kind of gives you a cheat for dodging octorock attacks or red dungeon knights.

*it’s a pretty old crappy laptop. But still you’d think technology from 1985 would not be an issue for a macbine from the 2010’s.

2 Likes

Depends if you’re doing the fully accurate whole hardware emulation (bsnes, now higan) or if you’re using one of those emulators that takes shortcuts like ZSNES and Snes9x which ran just fine on the old Pentium 100.

And, um, “in browser.” 'nuff said. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it’s like we’re living in the futuristic year of 2017. Isn’t all software free and browser-based now?

Really? Can I get Red Dead Redemption 2 for Firefox? :cowboy_hat_face: :horse:

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

discobot can consider herself lucky that she doesn´t get to host a panel at E3.

Thanks discobot!

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Discobot said already in other posts that he is male and gay.

2 Likes

2 Likes

According to the thread’s main topic I have to write what Nintendo game I’m playing right now?

Final Fantasy 3 (6) on SNES Mini.

2 Likes

Why the 6?
I haven’t played it myself (yet), so excuse my perhaps obvious question…

6th game released in japan but 3rd in the US.

1 Like

Aha! 5

And it is called Final Fantasy because the company was bankrupt at the time they finished the first installment and they thought by the time of the release it will have been their last ever game. :laughing:

2 Likes

Do they follow each other? Or can you pick up any and just play ?

Oh yeah, they have like Final Fantasy XLVIII now

They share a basic common lore, but every game starts with a new story, I think.

Yeah, you can. But I wouldn’t recommend it. It has these pretty neat parts that I guess everybody remembers or something and then there’s like 90% drudge.[1] There are much better (J)RPGs out there, like Golden Sun and Secret of Mana.

[1] But my drudge may be another person’s gold, so give it a go for yourself if you can get it on the cheap I suppose.