Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

TWP was around 16000 lines of dialog.

But it had five playable characters with overlapping areas, so a big chunk of them were duplicates.

Can we expect RMI to be longer than TWP?

2 Likes

It’s Ron’s big return and his chance to re-affirm his authoritative position in the franchise, so I suspect that the game will boast as many inches as possible.

“Curse” had only one playable character and about 8500 lines (source), so I think that RtMI will be quite longer when compared to Curse…

… or we are witnessing the birth of the wordiest one-room-sized game ever.

4 Likes

I really liked this thread for it´s topic and visited it regularly.
But I find myself to avoid it more and more since it became an investigating thread about the secret.
I never asked me what the secret could be but I wanted to find out if Ron ever makes the missing game.
Now he does and I cant´t wait to play the game and find out what is the secret. By myself. By playing the game.
I´d hate to ruin my experience by collecting all sorts of clues, theories, hints and assumptions from other people just to find out one of those was the real secret. Or not.
I want to be surpised when I find out.

That´s why I just fly over posts over here lately, triyng to not read those regarded to the search for the secret but reading the others. And I find that really hard.

So maybe we could shift at least the further investigation to a seperate thread ilke this one I made just for that?

I know we already had several but since I think today there are much more hints and in regard to the upcoming game it should be worth a new one.

If you don´t like the idea, I´ll delete the thread.

9 Likes

from the internet:

immagine

immagine

4 Likes

Oh my gaaawwwwwddddd…

Guybrush entered the pirate world through a portal. The Secret™ has been staring us in the face this entire time!

At most, that’s the “Secret of Meleé Island”! But it’s a nice one! It is compatible with “if you really look at what’s going on, you can get close”. (what on earth is that stand-alone archway for? :))

The RTMI Wikipedia article is online now!

It’s quite short, feel free to contribute!

2 Likes

There is a secret guys!

immagine

4 Likes

I always assumed it represented the amusement park entrance, but I guess upon closer examination that doesn’t really hold, as the “amusement park” extends to both sides of the arch.

1 Like

Dominic Armato now knows the secret because he voiced Guybrush. That’s conclusive!

1 Like

AAARGHHH

2 Likes

In my time, I have attempted to create a few adventure games. I’m curious; has anyone else?

I made a background for a potential Monkey Island fan game but abandoned the project eventually…

Not too proud of that. The garish colours and composition are all wrong. I would do it better these days (I made that well over a decade ago).

Much more recently, I have made a background for an adventure game which I hope to complete someday (titled ‘Redgrave’)…

I did start making an adventure game a decade ago, titled ‘A Knight’s Journey’. Sadly, I had the most up to date version stored on a USB stick and it was in my rucksack and someone stole it from a bar I went to. Awful stuff. The only version I have left is very old (not even any puzzles and temp art) but it gives an idea of what I was working on, before some thief stole my project…

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YcVcoaeBWg-IA-e7uQOzPbjkop9_2wAw?usp=sharing

I sometimes consider what the thief thought of that game, when he/she put the USB stick in their computer. It was a lot further along than the version above. I hope the %£!* enjoyed it. Thieving *&$%!

Please share your self-made adventure games, folks! I’d love to see them!

1 Like

Thinking about it, that probably warrants its own thread, considering that it’s rather off-topic, so here it is…

Linky link

1 Like

Same here.

3 Likes

I’m actually more interested in the “investigation about the secret” for one reason: I know that all the conspiracy theories we come up with are just a fun distraction, we know nothing about the game and so whatever we’ll write will in no way spoil the game / the secret.
Meanwhile, I don’t want any updates from the authors for the same reason - I refused to read the interviews because I just want to play the game blindly. I don’t need info. I’m already sold.

6 Likes

WOW. :neutral_face:

6 Likes

I wonder if RtMI revisits events occurred in MI1. :thinking:

It seems Ron feels the need to close every possible open question… even minor ones like that :wink:

A-hem…

2 Likes

Hopefully, we’ll get a trailer and a release date by then. The timing is too perfect.

3 Likes

I figured these gents were just street-traversing insult sword fighters.

2 Likes