Tell me your dreams

Oh boy you were so right.

No, actually I don’t remember much. I tried to go backwards from the moment I got, as usual, woken up by my daughter (this time she just said a normal “I had a nightmare”, so I went to comfort her, and she told me “I didn’t want to eat green or red”, and afterwards said “I always dream the red/green snake”), but I can’t reconstruct a precise order.

Anyway, I was going to work on the tram number 4, as I was used to when I was in Zurich, but the tracks were on one of the main roads connecting my hometown to the capital city, and I was with my ex-team members from my current job. I remember that the next-to-last stop was called Newton, and we had to get off at Poisson, but the stop was dedicated to the Poisson equation, but was defined by the partial derivative symbol which has nothing (or at least, not directly) to do with Poisson.

Anyway, the tram doors open and there’s just an elevator. I have to go to the 4th floor, but the elevator goes only to the 3rd. I can’t remember why, but it had to do with my daughter entering the elevator and pressing buttons, I first had to go to the basement to solve some kind of quest involving a rubber eraser and a mechanical pencil. I remember managing to enter the elevator’s control room where there were lots of knobs and one of them was “enable 4th floor”, so I turned it and got back to the elevator.

But the elevator still went only up to 3, so I exited and tried to find the stairs. My father-in-law and his wife were with me too (they’re visiting us these days). We find a black metal staircase (a black [metal staircase], not a [black metal] staircase) which leads to a door where there’s a black and yellow striped warning sign that said “If you can’t enter, right-click here” and had a black triangle. I look for the keys: I’m carrying a laptop bag, pens shaped like the Eiffel Tower, but I also have three “key necklaces”, the ones they give you at conferences to hold your badge. These three things have a black triangular electronic badge, so I give one to my in-law and he opens the door. We enter the 4th floor.

It’s a corridor where on one side there’s a cafeteria and on the other side tables where people are working on their laptops. I know it’s the “3rd level support” of my company and they are all fixing bugs. There’s another stair with a metal corridor that walks above them, so I begin to climb the stairs, but the earphones and the power cable of my laptop fall through the metal steps and get stuck. From under the stairs, a guy pops up and he’s veeeery angry. He doesn’t look “normal”, he has thick and short arms and a face that made me understand he had mental problems. He tries to hit me, but he gets promptly stopped by the other colleagues.

Nevertheless, he manages to make my berliner fall on the floor, and the cafeteria lady tells me I can have another one for free since it’s still lunch time and if I go into the lunch room I might still find desserts at the buffet. I enter the buffet and there’s cakes everywhere. Most of those are meringue cakes with colored cream. I remember wanting to taste some and thinking “wow, I should tell my wife about this place” before waking up.

2 Likes