Tell me your dreams

Oops, typo. Break, not brake! :sweat_smile:
Amended.

2 Likes

As in, “stop or I’ll break your balls”? :laughing:
(or “Stop, don’t break my balls!”)

2 Likes

Oh boy you were so right.

No, actually I don’t remember much. I tried to go backwards from the moment I got, as usual, woken up by my daughter (this time she just said a normal “I had a nightmare”, so I went to comfort her, and she told me “I didn’t want to eat green or red”, and afterwards said “I always dream the red/green snake”), but I can’t reconstruct a precise order.

Anyway, I was going to work on the tram number 4, as I was used to when I was in Zurich, but the tracks were on one of the main roads connecting my hometown to the capital city, and I was with my ex-team members from my current job. I remember that the next-to-last stop was called Newton, and we had to get off at Poisson, but the stop was dedicated to the Poisson equation, but was defined by the partial derivative symbol which has nothing (or at least, not directly) to do with Poisson.

Anyway, the tram doors open and there’s just an elevator. I have to go to the 4th floor, but the elevator goes only to the 3rd. I can’t remember why, but it had to do with my daughter entering the elevator and pressing buttons, I first had to go to the basement to solve some kind of quest involving a rubber eraser and a mechanical pencil. I remember managing to enter the elevator’s control room where there were lots of knobs and one of them was “enable 4th floor”, so I turned it and got back to the elevator.

But the elevator still went only up to 3, so I exited and tried to find the stairs. My father-in-law and his wife were with me too (they’re visiting us these days). We find a black metal staircase (a black [metal staircase], not a [black metal] staircase) which leads to a door where there’s a black and yellow striped warning sign that said “If you can’t enter, right-click here” and had a black triangle. I look for the keys: I’m carrying a laptop bag, pens shaped like the Eiffel Tower, but I also have three “key necklaces”, the ones they give you at conferences to hold your badge. These three things have a black triangular electronic badge, so I give one to my in-law and he opens the door. We enter the 4th floor.

It’s a corridor where on one side there’s a cafeteria and on the other side tables where people are working on their laptops. I know it’s the “3rd level support” of my company and they are all fixing bugs. There’s another stair with a metal corridor that walks above them, so I begin to climb the stairs, but the earphones and the power cable of my laptop fall through the metal steps and get stuck. From under the stairs, a guy pops up and he’s veeeery angry. He doesn’t look “normal”, he has thick and short arms and a face that made me understand he had mental problems. He tries to hit me, but he gets promptly stopped by the other colleagues.

Nevertheless, he manages to make my berliner fall on the floor, and the cafeteria lady tells me I can have another one for free since it’s still lunch time and if I go into the lunch room I might still find desserts at the buffet. I enter the buffet and there’s cakes everywhere. Most of those are meringue cakes with colored cream. I remember wanting to taste some and thinking “wow, I should tell my wife about this place” before waking up.

2 Likes

Last night I dreamed I had somehow acquired the ability to raise the dead, so a spirit on the more evil side of things tried to trick me into reviving its body.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: How did it try to trick you?

That’s a good question. I should’ve written down more details just after waking up. :stuck_out_tongue: It was more of a Ghostbusters type thing anyway, no worries. :wink:

I may not have had that power at all. I touched a lark lying on the ground that didn’t look like it was doing too great and it happily flew off. But maybe the spirit did something bad to it on purpose.

Part of the plan involved a reception with tomato juice that was actually cow blood. The idea being that I was supposed to spray it over the corpse.

The bigger question is how it managed to arrange a reception with food and drinks around some kind of peat mummy.

1 Like

…but you… ?

Maybe the peat mummy was burning and they toasted marshmallows over it?
[nope.jpg]

1 Like

I was mostly ignorant of its designs. Sorry, I’ll try to do better next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sound like the “consequences” of our forum discussions yesterday…? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t really recall anything like that but sure, it could be related to something I read here. :wink:

Your dreams seem to contain still the same recurring thoughts/elements, like your work and your (ex-)team? But it seems that your dreams end in a very positive way. Or were these cakes frightening?

1 Like

I was thinking the very same. New job anxiety, but new discoveries that bring happy end.

1 Like

The cakes looked very tasty, but also a bit “old”. In fact I remember thinking “wow, next time I’ll come at the beginning of lunch time”.

But yes, my new job is recurring, and also my ex team. The fact is, as soon as I entered the company, lots of “renovations” happened - most of my bosses got fired, teams got restructured and so on. I was assigned to a team for two months, and as soon as I began feeling part of it… the teams were scrambled and I was assigned to a new one.

The positive ending is maybe due to the fact that I’m the most optimistic person ever.

2 Likes

Your dreams are making a lot of sense with that in mind.

That’s good :slight_smile: I guess it’s your brain trying to positively reconcile it.

This morning I dreamed that I was driving around Oxford. I didn’t recognise the streets, and I don’t know the city well in real life, but I was there with my friends a few weeks ago. I stopped at the end of a tiny sidestreet. There were sandy-coloured walls in this area, and how it was generally laid out reminded me of a place we parked at a few weeks ago.

I got out of the car, locked it, and went into a small building at the side to go to the loo. Inside was a tiny window. For some reason I still had my car keys in my hand, and I accidentally pressed the button to unlock the doors. I quickly pressed the lock button, but it was too late - a woman with long blonde hair had opened my front-right car door and attached one end of a bungee cord inside. Another blonde-haired woman was there too. They both got into their black car in front, attached the other end of the bungee cord inside, and drove away with my car trailing along behind it. My car was going in a straight line, beyond normal physics for where the cord was attached - this only occured to me when I was thinking about the dream this morning.

I went outside, rang 999 and reported the crime to the police. The call lasted several minutes. At this stage in the dream, I may have had some control over what was happening, as I felt like I was actively thinking things through. For instance, I thought to myself, “I need some way to explain my location”, and so I looked around for a street sign. In contrast, I didn’t feel like I was controlling the first part of my dream that I described above. Maybe I transitioned to a lighter stage of sleep (or became more conscious), and it turned into a daydream.

5 Likes

That’s really interesting :slightly_smiling_face: especially the different levels of control. I sometimes find if it’s a panicky dream I start to become lucid or wake up, so maybe that’s why you became a bit more conscious.

I wonder if there was any significance in the women being blonde? Were they identical?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if they looked the same. They didn’t resemble anyone I know.

But last night I was watching a funny YouTube video review about the terrible film Shark Exorcist, which had lots of blonde women in it. So that might be why.

2 Likes

In fact I wondered the same…and I´m asking myself if maybe you start appearing in people´s dreams and manipulate them now!

2 Likes

:smile:

I’m a dab hand with bungee cords.

3 Likes