Tell me your dreams

Maybe I could agree with you on the party (which I never voted but that I deeply understand): their good results come from ineptitude and corruption of other parties with their inability to represent portions of society left totally unheeded.
As for Luigi, we were in the same swimming pool way before he became a public person, and he is all but an idiot, and also moved by a sincere political interest, unlike many other politicians.

Who I really fear is Matteo Renzi, a Machiavellian politician who kidnapped a socialdemocratic party (Partito Democratico) placing there all his men and bringing it to neo-liberist politics which have more in common with Berlusconi than the left, And also I fear Berlusconi himself (no words needed), and Matteo Salvini, a sort of far right puppet in love with Putin and LePen, which said that neapolitans stink, which claims to change Europe but have debts with Berlusconi…
Among those, Luigi stands as a statesman (and I not even voted for him…)
We really need that the left wake up from dreaming and give a huge kick in Renzi’s a**… as electorate already did…

Uhm…

2 Likes

He might be good of heart and so on, but he’s clearly not bright and not acculturated.

And he’s there where he is only because he’s a “clean face”, pushed by a marketing company. He has no actual merit in his rise - he got elected with a handful of votes, never had a clear political goal except for “we’re honest”, and just followed blindly the orders of the Casaleggio Associati. He’s basically a pop star of the politics - you know, a pretty face that can’t even sing but thanks to the works of writers and producers and marketing begins to sell millions of copies.

I don’t blame him - I would have done the same - but it angers me that a dumbass like him really won the lottery of life, turning him from a university dropout that used to sell beverages at the football stadium to the possible next prime minister.

I don’t agree with a single word you said in your previous post.

I could answer on each point but… I don’t want to repeat the querelle we live everyday here.

Hold on to Berlusconi Renzi and Salvini. And good luck for your come-back to Italy! You’ll surely find it way better than it was before in those hands!

Where did I say that I was happy with them?

Moreover, if the default response to criticism is “the others are worse”, it doesn’t shed a good light on the one you’re defending. But let’s stop here.

1 Like

As I said before, I never voted for that party. But when you say that someone is a dumbass, an idiot, you should expect a reply.
That said, mine was a political post. Because there was a negotiation these days here, and politics means making a compromise. And when you have to make a compromise, you have to see what are the political exponents, and then make a choice.
When you make a different choice, you DO give strenght to other exponents, which are way worse.

Would you have replied if I said the same about Renzi? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, probably. I don’t think, and actually never wrote, something like that. Instead

But he’s not an idiot nor a dumbass, and for some things also a good prime minister. But what I blame him for (apart what I wrote above) that he’s a fratricidal (Enrico Letta was a great person) and completely suppressed any real dialogue inside the party. He got the good from Bersani (primary elections, a party more opened) and used for his personal political absolute control. Gentiloni (actual prime minister) is way better than him and Italy is doing better under his presidency.

If we want to have a laugh, then…

1 Like

I just leave this here.

5 Likes

That wheel of fortune host is insane. :grin: Booooo

1 Like

He speaks with his hands. Is he italian, too?

2 Likes

Either way, Italian politics is *beep*ed up. :cry:

Two months without a government? :worried:

I hope they manage to figure something out. Their refusal to cooperate is just preventing important decisions from being made for the country.

That’s due to the last 20 years of political history, where the old idea of “politics as compromise” was abandoned in favor of a strong bipolarism, Berlusconi on the right side and basically everything else on the left. This division between “us” and “them” kinda worked… until now, because a third pole emerged. If only two poles are there, it’s mathematically guaranteed that one will have the majority and will be able to govern regardless of the opposition. But when it’s three poles that share 33% of the electorate each, it’s a standoff.

It will be very hard. But Italy is used to such things. The average duration of an Italian government is one year, one month and three weeks. It’s not like Italy is historically used to stable governments :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That´s nothing. It took us almost half a year this time.

That seems like a disease that is spreading all over europe, right now.

2 Likes

Depends on the pole. Serveral fractions/parties aren’t bad per se.

Yes, we know, but we don’t figure out how to make a grosse koalition…

Then you have the chance to be a democracy: Each member can submit a proposal, that is only accepted if the majority votes for it.

Actual italian situation in a nutshell:

• “5 stars movement” is the single party which won the election (32%)
  • the coalition of center-right is the group which won the election (35%)
  • the democratic party is the second most voted party (18%) but it lost the election
  • inside the coalition of center-right there are 3 main parties, and the most voted one (Lega) (17%) is not the one lead by Berlusconi, which is eating is heart out.
  • none has the 50% needed to create a stable government.

So…

1. a coalition with 5 stars and Lega could be a solution, but it would break the coalition of center-right, and it seems they don’t want to.
  2. a coalition with 5 stars and democratic party could be another solution, but they told no.
  3. a coalition with 5 stars and the whole center-right coalition could be a solution, but 5 stars don’t want Berlusconi

The President of Italy is getting more nervous than Weird Ed…

1 Like

Mayyyybe if they didn’t do the very same thing five years ago, when Five Stars refused to collaborate with the Dem Party and then spent five years shouting “the Dem Party is the cause of all is wrong with Italy”, mayyybe there would have been ground for discussion :stuck_out_tongue: maybe.

As an expat, I find the current situation very entertaining.