Tell me your dreams

By the way, this is the last time I dream about politicians, I swear. If I do, I sure won’t tell in this topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pfft, amateurs. 589 days, baby!

2 Likes

I think it’s not. Within major regions and cities, new coalitions arose. In Turin, Fassino (which lost challenge for major to M5S Chiara Appendino) declared availability to govern together. In Lazio the same was for the PD winner Zingaretti the other way round (the major of Rome is M5S Virginia Raggi). In Apulia with Emiliano (PD) is the same. In Naples, former magistrate and now major Luigi De Magistris (center-left) ever was available to talk with M5S.

Without a new government. Paolo Gentiloni (PD) is a very good prime minister (despite only for current affairs, given the situation).

Five years ago, M5S was still in the hands of Beppe Grillo, who beeped up every attempt for a common government. Now he is quite a marginal figure. If I have to decide where the party that express my political opinion should go (PD), with Berlusconi (yeah the fourth reincarnation of the ghost-zombie-plastic-whatever) Salvini (loving LePen and Putin) and Di Maio (a smart guy who studied law for several years and got into politics before graduating, just like many other politicians, an honest guy) I will choose Di Maio, no way.

Well, if you put it that way, I’d also like to see a M5S-PD government. But I still can’t tolerate Di Maio :stuck_out_tongue: I really can’t like him. I wouldn’t complain about Fico, for example.

1 Like

Oh yeah I remember that! Bascially everyone was. Eh, whatever. We´re fine either way. :slight_smile:

Well, actually that host is American. He was born in New York where he grew up. He became italian for naturalization. He’s done some good things in life (he was a partisan and fought the fascists), before Berlusconi bought him.

Anyway, apart of that, the shameful thing is that everything John Oliver says is true. I’ve watched the video very closely. All true.
I am a wonderful example of that feeling many italians have: embarrassment and shame for the acts of their fellow citizens.

As Giorgio Gaber wonderfully said: “I don’t feel italian. But luckily or unfortunately, I am”.
How it could be?

Well, and how it could be that Italy has the 3rd european largest economy and the 2nd largest public debt?!

I love Italy, I hate italians.

I hate fascists, but unsurprisingly Italy has this recurrent problems of fascism arising:
“65th government in 70 years”.

Well, it seems to me pretty obvious: italian people doesn’t deserve democracy. They don’t even understand what it is. They think it is something that has to do with football supporting.
Just as they think that “freedom of speech” is the freedom to vomit insults, sexist, racist or fascist or simply cruel or cynical unrespectful statements.

2 Likes

The funny and sad thing is that here nobody is worried. Nobody cares. Because that’s normal. 65 governments in 70 years. That means two months of political immobilism before and two after each election. Can you guess why Italy is so F**ed up? Well, I’m surprised things are even pretty good…

1 Like

That´s all a shame really. You guys are all so nice here in the forum, and I´ve known many very nice italians in the past too. But when I saw Berlucsconi elected for the upteenth time or the statements of that new fascist guy he is so fond of I always think “what´s so horribly wrong with these people?”

2 Likes

You know what?

Italians SEEM normal.

Zak is a nice person, Guga is, Gffp is, maybe me too. We have this conversation with you, with Frenzie, with The2Kates™.
Well, as far as what concerns what you say, you could all be italian too. This very conversation could likely happen in any italian bar, most of the people has a “normal” face.
Or I should say “had” a normal face, because in the last years the confusion between “freedom of speech” and “freedom of stupidity” has widely spread…

Well, my only consolation is we can’t listen to ANY lesson from american people, after more than a good half of the presidents of the last 25 years… :rofl:

2 Likes

…30 posts later. :sleepy:

What happened to our dreams?!

( I don’t remember mine enough to post, otherwise I would. I do enjoy hearing about other people’s dream-logic. Maybe I’ll write about an old dream I had.)

2 Likes

Maybe influenced by my co-worker… but this morning I can remember only a dream that can’t be written here. Too much body activity involved… :smile::no_mouth::upside_down_face:

:grinning: come on now, tell Dr Freud.

1 Like

Short summary:

4 Likes

“…there was an enormous…”

1 Like

I dreamed I finally meet someone I only know from online talking so far. And for some reason I was involved in something that damn nearly got her killed which resulted in her and her husband being really angry at me, despite all my appologies and being really really sorry. That was really sad.

:pensive:

Analysis: you would really like to meet this person in real life, as you get on so well online. But you’re scared that you’ll mess things up in some way.

I would say: don’t let that anxiety get in the way. You’re a great person. :slight_smile: And if somebody has fallen out with you in the past, over something you’ve said or done, maybe they shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions. Because I’m sure you wouldn’t have intended to hurt them.

can we just arrange a TWP forum meetup already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I just wish I had somebody around to tell me things like that every day. For some reason you have to renew the positive things regularly while the negative things just stay with you.

1 Like

Yeah, I know how that feels.
Well, whenever you’re having a good time with us on the forum, let that be a reassurance to you :blush:

4 Likes

As @tasse-tee said: We are here in the forum every day. :slight_smile:

Actually (and fortunately) that’s not the case. :slight_smile: Your brain forget negative things and tries to keep the positive ones. That’s why “yesterday everything was better than today”. You can test this yourself: If you try to remember your holidays, you will remember the positive things mostly. (Except you had a very, very bad holiday of course - and even then your brain tries to turn the negative remembrance into good one.)

There are some dreams that are like reshuffling a deck of cards… thoughts and images from the day cycle through, plots seem random. Once in a while there are profound dreams that stand out even weeks and years later. These usually include strong emotions tied to something that’s hard to explain, and can feel like a premonition or a deeper understanding from the subconscious.

Years ago I dreamt I was in an audience. There was a stage with a monk standing in the center (he was bald with robes, a teacher maybe). People standing in the audience would throw a ball to the monk to show appreciation instead of clapping. They were kind of like balls of light, about the size of racquetballs.
When it was my turn to throw a ball, the man onstage caught it, then looked me in the eyes and threw it back to me. The audience was astonished, like this was the first time it happened and everyone turned to look at me.
The monk’s gesture was meant to mean, I am on his level. I felt very proud but also very self-conscious with all the attention on me. I think that meant I was capable of being onstage and not just a spectator.

It seems silly now to make a big deal now out of “I threw a ball and someone threw it back.” But it felt very profound in the dream. Another meaning I get out of it now is to be more than a passive observer, it’s time to express things that might benefit others.

3 Likes