Tell me your dreams

A premise

This lucidity is heir to what they call victorian sleep, a way of sleeping which some researchers found it was common in that period. Also in other periods of the past, when people went to sleep early when the sun went down, woke up in the middle of the night and did some important tasks of everyday life like taking care of fireplace or cooking and after that went to bed again and woke up again with dawn.
Pretty much as I did today.

A dream

On the waterfront of a few centuries ago a ship is launched, a beautiful sailing ship. It is a magnificent day in pastel colors tending to vivid. On the left a green hillside, ahead of us the flat sea reflects a light blue sky, on which stand out the strongest tones of the wood of the hull and the low wall that separates the ship from the open sea. The ship crosses a sort of channel towards the sea. It seems a sort of sailing ship from ancient times, we seem to see something red perhaps in the sail. But when we find ourselves on board at one of the side walls that close the stern spaces sideways, I point out to my friend T. the grooves of the wall. “You see, they are made with three trunk-pyramidal supports for each level”. Let’s think about the model in virtual reality.

Meanwhile, on the ship, which is now a contemporary and large ship, someone get into it, overcoming horizontal barriers of transparent adhesive tape, or through sliding doors, going to the area intended for the crew only. He is found out, and followed. Are we the stealthy visitors? Yes we are (it’s so for a little)! No it’s just my friend T. And a chinese man get into with him. When the surveillance enters through the gates, T. with a poker face is planted in the corner where the corridor begins and indicates that the chinese went there, and that he was trying to shoot everything with his device, for the police.
In another internal room, built of steel and dark for not having access to external light and poorly illuminated by artificial cold light, my girlfriend and I assist the investigations, as witnesses and consultants. I say something about the safety of some things. She takes the word reinforcing what I said.

3 Likes

This thread is becoming very Edgar Allen Poe. I like it.

2 Likes

“See, this is how you can discern between me and someone impersonating me: I would never dive that way. I can’t dive for shits, I’d never try to enter water head-first. Either cannonball or candle dive. I never learned to control my rotation, and I’m sure I’d land on my back.”

I was in a swimming pool with an old friend of mine while another guy (who looked exactly like me and was impersonating me for some reason) dived from a balcony on the first floor of a villa. I don’t know why someone was trying to pass as me, and I wasn’t even worried, it was perfectly normal.

3 Likes

immagine

9 Likes

Things like that would have worked real great in the game hadn´t we seen them in the trailers before. :frowning:

1 Like

I thought exactly the same. :slight_smile: But nevertheless I liked and laughed about that scene. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I meant to reply to this.

I can’t actually think of one that isn’t too private :neutral_face: but a fake example that would fit is the lead-up to an exam result. This is the sort of scenario where I would get so worked up in ‘preparing’ myself for a bad result, that if a good one came I would need a few days to get over the relief and start feeling pleased.

I think you’ve had a really wise dream, as a kid.

Is your relocation going bad again? :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

Last night I dreamed my sister-in-law was cooking a fry-up in the kitchen drawer. I was wondering how it would work, but didn’t want to be rude so kept quiet. I then politely queried it with her mum who said ‘oh yeah, it gets quite hot, look’ and she touched it and it hissed. But I couldn’t help notice that my portion was staying cold.

4 Likes

These kinds of dreams interest me a lot, where things happen that wouldn’t make any logical sense in real life.

Do you have any ideas about what the dream could mean, if anything?

I think it’s because the last time I saw her we were making lunch, and she arrived and kind of jumped on it, wanting to be fed first. I think that explains why my portion was cold - because I feel like she puts other people second sometimes.

I don’t think the way the food was being cooked is that important - but maybe it’s because she doesn’t cook much!

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Hell yeah! That looks much tidier than mine.

Were you eating this for dinner? Did you enjoy it?

:thinking: Product placement?

3 Likes

I like it, yes! And there is plenty left, too.

2 Likes

Haa, one of my favourite parts :grin:

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

I don’t remember the sequence of my dreams, but I dreamed a lot of interesting scenes.

The most interesting one was the “Lego Wikipedia Machine”. At work, in the instruments room, along with lots of cables and devices, there was this Lego contraption, roughly as big as a 17’’ monitor, with buttons and levers. It was a Wikipedia interface made in Lego. I turn a knob and all the pieces ofkate rotate to show a text-only version of a Wikipedia article. It was actually connected to our internal “slack” Wiki, and it was showing a review of some kind of superhero movie. I switch to article history and notice from the IP that the last edit was done by someone in my hometown in Sardinia. I’m curious, so I print the article because I want to ask my colleagues who went to Sardinia and edited a wiki article while on vacation. The machine is connected to a label printer, so I get a long string of embossed, sticky green tape. But the tape ends and the machine breaks.

I was going to meet our newly found Madame Morena voice, who is a friend of my sister, at a wedding where I, my sister and our actress were invited. I tell my sister “please, introduce me to her instead of assuming everyone knows everyone else as you usually do”. She seems offended. “You do already know her!”, she objects, “you got to know her that evening in my house”. I remember and protest “there were hundreds of people that evening, I can’t possibly remember all the names and faces”, and she objects “why not? they all remember you”, to which I replied “well, they all already knew each others and only got to know me, it’s easier”.

Then something that would make a nice joke. I was rehearsing a sketch: there’s the Crime Awards Night, where awards are given for the best criminals in every category. There are four nominees in the Best Scam category, the announcer gets on stage, says “the award goes to…”, opens the envelope and announces a fifth name. One of the nominees protests: “hey! he wasn’t even nominated! That’s a… oh, wait. Clever.”.
Then, in the Best Act of Corruption category, the winner gets on stage and passes a wad of bills in the hand of the announcer while shaking his hands.

6 Likes