Tell me your dreams

That was nothing!

We did 18 months without a government!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_Belgian_government_formation

2 Likes

:raised_hand: 16 months with a mayor suspended for being investigated for corruption. Who can offer more?

1 Like

Oh, the number of times that turned into a swearfest “oh *beep*, that’s burning! It’s all ruined for sure now, damnit! I am never cooking again.”
:cry:

Luckily I only remember the success of when people say it tastes wonderful. Which tricks me into cooking again.

3 Likes

I am driving with my parents along the coastline on a pier. And then we slide of the road into the water. (Pretty scary)
I see all kinds of colourful fishes under the sea and I follow them into an opening. Then I exit via the toilet pot.

This was recurring dream I had when I was around 6 years old. I imagine it must be induced by a first (conscious) visit to the seaside and watching a children’s TV show with a little girl that gets miniaturised and travels underwater in a toy submarine.

4 Likes

I had a similar dream today. The problem is, she was an ex-colleague of mine, to whom I was very close while in Zurich (but not in that sense), and this unsettled me.
I don’t remember where I was, but there was a small stage outside and there were girls performing some kind of musical. Even if I knew it was almost summer, it was very cold with freezing wind, and their stage costumes were definitely inappropriate for such a weather. In fact, you could tell by the look in their eyes that they were freezing, and the unexpected bad weather had also the effect of reducing the audience to just five or six people. I felt sorry for those girls, so I stopped long enough for them to end their routine so I could give them an applause.
I turn to go into the building and I literally bump into her. I’m surprised and happy to see her, we greet and begin the usual small talk. Then we hug. We probably never even shook hands in reality. As she hugs me, I say “I miss my old job, my new job is so boring. And I miss you”. She hugs me stronger and says she misses me too, adding “you know I liked you”. I answer “I liked you too”, and it all feels like a “we might have been a nice couple, if we knew each others before, but now we have to move on”.

The rest of the dream is also full with references to my “past life”. I enter the building, go to the second floor and enter what was my first company in Zurich (so, not the one where she worked, but the one I worked at before). Everything is completely different now, I get lost in the corridors and nobody recognizes me, and I don’t recognize them either. I know I’ve left the company three years ago, but I hoped I could at least meet one of my ex colleagues. Not even the CEO is the same anymore. I feel like I’m really out of place. I exit and go back to the building lobby, where I take a look at my phone. There’s an app running, an Ingress-like game (or Pokemon Go if you prefer) where your in-game position is linked to your GPS coordinates. I see I’m in the in-game town of Zurich. I sigh and say “well, I might need to go back to Lugano now”. So I turn south and begin to walk.

The in-game world is fortunately smaller than the real world, because I’m back “home”. But it’s not Lugano, it’s Cagliari. I’m at my old University, and there’s an election going on. I never voted for school or uni representatives, I never cared. But this time I think I can give it a try. I take my voting papers and proceed to take a look at the candidates list. I don’t know any of the names there, so I try to understand from their symbols if they’re left-wing or right-wing. The voting papers are actually supermarket receipts, and I have to write the names on the back. I end up voting an ex Computer Science student turned meme author (true story - well, I suppose he has a day job, but his name is associated to memes and parodies in my hometown).

2 Likes

cough

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh well… it looks like that Mr. Salvini and Mr. Di Maio, are going to make a government…

immagine

3 Likes

And which of them is falling in the river? :grinning:

1 Like

Di Maio (5 stars movement), because Salvini (Lega) has something green in his clothes :wink:

3 Likes

But shouldn´t Guybrush wear a clown costume, then? :thinking:

1 Like

Not yet.

2 Likes

Yeah. I saw that one too after posting. I was a bit behind on reading posts here. But we both refer to the same thing (my maths are off: it’s actually more than 19 months)

1 Like

Or you just forgot that you’ve really read that before…

Or you just forgot that you’ve really read that before…
:wink:

Seriously, I do think déja-vues are indeed happening when something happens that ressembles something you have dreamt before (but have pushed back in memory, as most dreams should). Dreaming is just a practice mechanism for possible situations, biologically speaking.

1 Like

Last night I dreamed we were at my aunt’s for Christmas, but my mum had convinced me not to buy any presents. My cousin said something about putting all the gifts under the tree and I was instantly embarrassed and panicked. I said we didn’t have any and my cousin said, ‘what, not even little things?’

I ended up yelling at my mum, including swearing which I wouldn’t normally do around her, and she got quite upset :frowning: I instantly regretted it.

Then a big scary dog came in and was jumping at me, trying to lick my face, so I hugged it because I felt that was safest (?!)

It was all really weird and uncomfortable.

1 Like

Do you have real a dog sleeping in your bedroom?

Heheh no, only cats.

I only remember I was watching a football match and then Victor Ibarbo, Colombian international and former Cagliari player, tried to play the ball by swinging his enormous penis like a golf club.

1 Like

Please, don’t ask us to analyze this dream…

3 Likes

2 Likes

I don’t want to link here a specific image, but… it’s like Motumbo ?
(try to search that word in google images. WARNING: explicit content ALERT!)