Tell me your dreams

For the series: “Let the bad things come out in your dreams” !! :rofl:

6 Likes

Ok, this is pretty long. That’s what she said!

I am in the street where I grew up. It was a cul-de-sac with a small square where cars could turn around. My apartment was in a building at the end of said square. I’m waiting at the gate, because I have organized some sort of seminar on agriculture, mostly centered on Spanish cherries because, as I assure to a Spanish friend and ex colleague who just arrived from Zurich, “people here love Spanish cherries”. He has a whole van full of cherries. Other people, mostly ex colleagues and acquaintances from Zurich, arrive. I greet everyone and tell them we need to wait a bit, but then I grow impatient and go to the intercom to call my sister. My brother-in-law had installed a new button on the intercom, so I ring that one and tell them everyone is waiting. They arrive with a paper roll easel (learned a new word today) apologizing for the delay. My Spanish friend begins his talk, and my job is done, I can go to my wife.

I meet her in the nearby town and enter her car. It’s her old Ford Fiesta MK3, and for the first time in years, she’s the one driving. “Do you know if they opened that shortcut Pippo (her neighbor) told us about?”, she asks. “I think it’s open”, I answer. “Do you remember how to get there?”, she asks. “I suppose”. We drive south along the road that brings from Cagliari town to the seaside, approaching said shortcut.
I know this shortcut is a new exit on a roundabout that brings on a parallel road which then has another roundabout that allows cars to take the freeway to the east without going all the way to the beach and making a U-turn there (for the Brits: going east from south is a left turn, but don’t forget we drive on the right :stuck_out_tongue:) . We reach the roundabout, take the correct exit and we’re now on this parallel road.

But I don’t remember which exit I have to take on the second roundabout in order to reach the freeway.

Hoping that the east exit brings me east, I tell my wife to exit after three quarters of a turn. But we end up in a road that’s still under construction, it isn’t paved and the car begins to skid. We make some maneuvers to turn back and we’re back at the roundabout. My wife is a bit upset. She has the worst sense of direction and can’t remember any path, but as soon as I make errors in my navigation, I’m the one to blame :stuck_out_tongue: we try another exit, and it’s yet another closed road. Now my wife is nervous. And now I’m the one driving. I remember we have a GPS navigator, I start it, and it tells me I have to go back to the beginning of the north-south road. That means that the shortcut is closed and we just lost time. My wife snorts in disapproval.

As I get back to the beginning, I notice I can’t control the car anymore. I’m going too fast, but the brakes don’t work, so at another roundabout I go off road, fortunately on dirt and some bushes that stop us without any damages. “Be careful!” she says, but she’s not my wife anymore. She’s the ex girlfriend of an old university friend, and I always despised her. “It’s not my fault, the brakes didn’t work”, I say. I get back on the road and begin, once again, to drive south, to the beach.

However, the car goes crazy again. It begins to accelerate without control. “Slow down!” she shouts, I lift both my feet above the steering wheel and say “That’s not me!”. The brakes, of course, they do nothing. So I try to steer and drive near the curb, hoping that the friction between curb and wheels slows down the car, and it works a little bit. While I’m doing so, I notice a big green sign.

“Hey, did you read?” I ask her “Eyjafjallajökull is erupting again, but the roads are still open, fortunately”.
But another sign about 1km further is red, and says that it’s dangerous to drive on the coastal freeway because of the eruption. So we stop (how?) and exit the car.

The sky is grey, and I comment “wow, I thought they were rainy clouds, but it’s actually ashes”. Lots of other people are watching north-east, so I turn, and I see the volcano. And it’s erupting, lots of bright red and orange against the dark blue sky and the brown mountain, it’s wonderful. I remain amazed by the spectacle, and I think it’s so romantic that I want to hold her hand, even if I kinda hate her. I do, and we stay like this for quite some time.

I’m back again in my childhood street, it’s the dawn. I suppose I watched the eruption all night long. I’m walking in the middle of the square, where cars are parked as usual. I notice that one of the cars isn’t empty, but there’s a family sleeping there. My first thought is “poor family that has to sleep like this”, but then I notice it’s our neighbors, which are neither homeless nor poor. And my daughter is there too. They wake up, and the mother explains they’re leaving for vacation, but since they had to leave at dawn, the best thing to do was to sleep in the car so they’re now ready to go. My daughter just wanted to sleep in the car too, she’s not going. She exits the cars and goes to the intercom. I try to stop her before she buzzes, but I can’t. I scold her, explaining that it’s too early and she’d be waking up aunt and grandma.

Then I woke up. I don’t know if Ilaria was sleeping or was awake trying to get our attention, but she was singing the “What’s going on” song from Doc McStuffins (in Italian).

3 Likes

mi-3-guga

7 Likes

This one is short and sweet. That’s what she said!

You should know I am currently replaying Grim Fandango. (No spoilers below)

So here’s my dream of this night:
I am playing Grim Fandango. I notice a bug where an extra character (Domino) appears and follows Manny around as if he is his shadow. They even do a little dance, like a synchronised tap dance act.
I try to record it to post here on the forum, but I can’t remember how.
Then I remember I need to use the scythe to record videos.

I wake up. I realise the solution to the puzzle I am stuck at is… using the scythe!
:open_mouth:

4 Likes

*starts reading*

*bookmarks for later*

1 Like

“I dreamed evil King Triton with red eyes and he wanted to eat me but I jumped on him with my stinky feet and I showed him my abs and he was dead and I wasn’t scared”.

4 Likes

A friend of mine said his daughter had a dream about being haunted by a demon she made up in her mind called the “Utu” so my friend wrote an epic heavy metal song about it called “Where The Wild Utu Howls”.

3 Likes

I once had a dream about the Toonstruck adventure game with Pinky and Brain in it, and some time after that I dreamt about Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun being one of the ghosts in a Scooby-Doo episode. :wink:

4 Likes

Wow. Is that your longest one yet? There’s a lot of travel in it - lots of moving about. You must’ve felt a bit knackered when you woke up!

Aw :slightly_smiling_face: (Sorry, I know it’s not your wife but it’s still a nice moment!)

And I was wondering when Ilaria was going to pop up :grin:

1 Like

I find stories about people sleep-walking or talking just as fascinating as dreams.

Apparently “Sleeping Jeremy(me)” is a real trickster. I occasionally hear about his antics when my wife still remembers what I said the next day.

A couple nights ago I was sleeping, and I motioned for her to come closer. I did that a couple times until she was very close and I said
“I got a letter…”

She thought I was awake/serious and replied something like, “Really? Who was it from?”

I continued, “…from the government the other day. I opened and read it, it said they were suckas.”

This made her laugh and she kissed me on the cheek, to which I replied,
“Yum, yum, yum, yum, delicioso!”
(Like the backpack from Dora the Explorer, which is weird because the kids haven’t watch that in a long time.)

Hopefully I’m not over-sharing!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

For those curious about the song. Here it is:

(The guitarist wrote the lyrics about his daughter´s nightmares)

1 Like

Never :wink:

I’ve had some hilarious experiences with sleepwalking and sleep-talking. Once I stayed with a friend in his room and he woke up and yelled, ‘THE ROBOTS!’ I sent him a robot birthday card every year for a long time after that.

Another time when I was a littl’un I sleepwalked downstairs to where my mum and dad were happily watching TV, turned off the TV, and went back to bed. That told them.

5 Likes

What if all he wanted was a Kraftwerk record? :robot: :cd:

Poltergeist - The 5 minute version

1 Like

We actually had to put an alarm on our front door when I was a little kid because my brother did so much sleepwalking.

My dad once heard the front door slam (luckily) and found my brother walking down the road in his pajamas! When asked where he was going he replied “I’m going to the job, dad!”

:scream_cat:

2 Likes

I have a friend who always talks gibberish in his sleep.

Once when we were having fun with him about that he replied:

“You see, when I do that I´m actually explaining the meaning of life! Too bad for YOU if you don´t understand that!”

Perfect comeback! :+1:

4 Likes

Great crap, that must’ve been worrying!

So it finally happened. Last night I had a dream of @PiecesOfKate! I´m surprised it took this long.

The dream involved me staying at a hotel somewhere and for some reason we found out she stayed at exactly the same place. So back at the place we just started to phone a bit and she said she´s out on the balcony at a certain time in the evenings, and I could have a look at xy pm.

So when I walked out to my balcony in the evening I saw her on the one next to me having a smoke (which, I know, makes no sense. But dream and all…). When she saw me she stood up and walked towards me because in this dream our balconys weren´t only direcly next to each other, they were connected with each other and only seperated by small fence that she opened before coming over to my balcony. She approached me wearing a black T-Shirt and I remember I was being very nervous and all, we exchanged some shy "Hi!"s first before having a nice lil chat and then she left again.

That dream was much longer and involved many other things like me running through a toystore etc. But I forgot most of it again, since I´m not magical @guga with his detailed dream remembering skills.

But I remember that brief cameo. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally. Took your time :stuck_out_tongue:

:thinking:

!

and… some trousers maybe? Or maybe it was oversized like a nightshirt, which I guess is just about acceptable since it’s you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha. I like the bits you remember though :smiley:

This is going to sound contrived now but oddly enough I dreamed about you the other night and meant to tag it on the end of my post about Guga’s latest one. There wasn’t much to say though - I think we’d met at a London gaming exhibition (which makes sense as we all discussed meeting there). I lost you and was asking people if they’d seen you, but they were all strangers and I kept pronouncing your name wrong. I remember at one point I exaggerated “Miiiiiiilan”. Then I was suddenly in a quarry :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Yeah that sounds odd. I meant to say it wasn´t really an appointment more you dropping a hint at what time you´d be outside and I could try if I was able to spot you if that makes any sense (and obviously the dream didn´t want to spoil the fact of us being located right next to each other).

I might have that put into my mind since early child hood that this is the best reason to search out for the balcony, I guess. :shrug:

I´m pretty sure it was jeans, but had I made it sound like I had scanned your whole body with my eyes obviously that had been wrong, too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Funny you say that I only checked that post a while ago, thinking that opportunity has long past and then I saw it was set for november. :smiley:

How? What happened next?