Tell me your dreams

She did indeed!

And Joey Tribbiani’s advice hotline!

Yeah she was on a lot of TV shows as a kid, too.

Now look at what happened to the childhood stars my age like Lindsay Lohan or the Olsen Twins… :neutral_face:

Aye :expressionless: Not many come to mind who were decent child actors and now respectable adult ones.

Mara Wilson turned out real fine, though she´s not acting any more.

Lately I´ve seen Henry Thomas of ET fame quite a lot in a bunch of horror movies. He often plays really creepy guys.

Also Sean Astin was in The Strain season 1 and Stranger Things season 2. He got a rough deal in both, though.

1 Like

PART 2

So, peeing is done and my wife is with us now, we dress the children and exit the building.

We find ourselves in the outskirts of my old neighborhood, where the city met the beginning of the freeway. My cousin lived there near the crossroad, and it’s not the first time his building complex appears in my dream. He’s sitting there on the wall that borders the yard while I’m on the sidewalk. He’s watching the sky. I look up, and there are spaceships battling. All the spaceships are either dark or transparent, so it’s difficult to see them. We just see some blurs in the sky moving fast, it’s fascinating. But we also sense danger. Suddenly one of the spaceships seems out of control. The spaceship is in the shape of the Stanford Armadillo, the lesser known cousin of the Stanford Bunny.

We run away, but my cousin stays there. The Armadillo falls on him, crushing him and part of the building. Another spaceship arrives: it’s a dark purple Ford Ka (2nd series), it parks near us and opens its doors. We enter and it flies away. The inside is all white, light grey, very spacious. Maybe I should stop watching Miles from Tomorrowland with my daughters before going to sleep. I take advantage of this peaceful time to check my mails.

There’s spam, lots of spam. One of the spam mails tells me I got declined for a job whose only requirement was to have a penis of N centimeters, and I thought it was a minimum requirement, instead it was an exact requirement, and I got turned down because mine was longer. Not gonna tell the value of N. I’m baffled: “why would they want an exact length?”. But the next mail explains it. There’s an update from the company, showing the work they produced with the right candidates: a human pyramid, made of naked men, where the penises are clearly used as structural elements to support the weight. “I see, shorter penises would have meant no support, longer penises would have shifted the weight”. I’m satisfied with this explanation and carry on.

I really can’t remember the “working for Ron” part, but it was the usual job-related dream.

4 Likes

Did you find all your clothes, at least?

4 Likes

That mix up of forum members’ dreams made me almost want to beat up my daughter.

4 Likes

Last night I dreamt about mass transports.
I was travelling on an high speed train. There ere bumps on the rails, so the conductor warned the passengers each time by knocking on his cabin’s door. So the passengers transmitted the message all the way down the train by knocking on each other’s seat.

Then I was on a tram in my hometown. But I was drivin it.
I was happy, while I suddenly noticed I was out of the tracks… so I tried to get on track again, hoping people won’t notice. Unluckily I didn’t make it. While going on the track, the tram turned over and stopped on its side. I felt very guilty about the passengers, so I turned back to discover that the tram was empty.
I was relieved, and got out of the tram. I called the local police. My relief lasted seconds: the wheels of the tram were still turning in traction and engaged something, so the tram suddenly turned itself on its four wheels and started running backwards destroying the gate of a factory.
I was full of shame, when somebody stole my tram, starting at all speed, with squeaking tyres (tyres?) and a sound of the engine of a sports car…

3 Likes

Was this a good dream or felt it more like a nightmare? Because it has all ingredients of a great dream! High speed trains that you are allowed to drive(?)! :smiley:

1 Like

No… neither one nor the other…
My feelings were neutral. I was stressed only when the tram turned over and then the bad things started to happen. Anyway, on the high speed train I was just a passenger. Then I was driving a city tram like this:

So, no high speed involved at all…

2 Likes

But that’s so cool too! I was never allowed to drive such a tram. :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t worry, you miss nothing. Those bitches flip over for nothing… :roll_eyes:

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

You didn’t mention in the Telegram message you sent us yesterday that “preparing for the next job interview” involved to lock yourself up in the toilet with a ruler…
:flushed:

He´s like a Bizarro MacGyver. Constructing complicated mechanisms only to get into worse situations.

1 Like

I had the ultimate dream.

I dreamed we were all telling @PiecesOfKate our dreams and she was then presenting her “results” to us.

This topic was an actual physical place, as we were all sitting in this forum-blue room when Kate stood up and began telling us how she found 7 or 12 recurrent patterns in our dreams. Then she took out a roll of paper and showed it to us. It depicted a cow from the side, like those butcher diagrams where you see the borders of each meat cut, and it was a graph. There were circles, symbolizing the recurrent dream topics, and they were colored according to their relationships, so we had two orange circles joined by an edge that were found in the zone that roughly corresponds to the sirloin. I learn now that there’s a beef cut called “Chuck”, by the way.

Then I proceeded to tell my dream, which was a nonexistent Simpsons episode that you discover to be just a dream of Bart during the last scenes. The plot was mainly focused on young Marge and Homer meeting for the first time - in fact, I clearly remember Homer stating the same sentence he does in the real episode:

But, they were not in Marge’s car, they were on the back of a Mardi Gras wagon, and on the front of said wagon there was another girl, which was more beautiful than Marge and way more rich, and Homer had to choose between her and Marge (kind of like the Mindy Simmons episode). When he left the front to get on the back, there were Barney and Skinner playing and singing. Skinner was playing a double bass.

Then I can’t remember the details, but the episode centered on a flood, there was water everywhere (it was raining heavily tonight, that might have influenced my dream), there were Bart and Lisa in Homer’s power plant office and the water was slowly rising, they were scared. Then there was the usual fade-out to symbolize a dream started/ended, and we find Bart asleep on Homer’s power plant controls, water is flushing away. He wakes up, and there’s Smithers holding a pine cone saying that they found what caused the flood, somebody tried to flush a pine cone. We knew from the beginning of the episode that it was Bart’s fault, but I can’t remember why right after Smithers says so and Bart is afraid of being caught, they blame it on someone else and Bart is relieved.

3 Likes

Haha! That was great.

I like this new idea of using cuts of meat to explain dream patterns! It’s very lateral thinking.

I suspect @milanfahrnholz will lap this one up too :smile:

In these days I don’t sleep well. I don’t feel drowsy when it’s late, I stay in bed hours without falling asleep, then when I finally sleep, I wake up after 5 hours.
The only good thing is that I remember my dreams, even if i remember 1/100 of what Guga does.
Should I post this here, or in the insomnia thread?
Maybe it’s because I’m on a vacation but I’m not travelling as I usually do when in vacation, and so I get bored. Or maybe I eat too much for dinner (I didn’t post anything not to seem too much monotonous, but we’re having lucullian dinners practically every day…).

Anyway, tonight I had my first forum-related dream.

I dreamt @Guga found a new job.
I was disappointed since he didn’t tell us.
I discovered it in some other way. He got a job in a big hi-tech company.
He made a lot of money. I precisely don’t remember his title (something like Envy-Driven Motivational Support Executive Chief).
His role consisted in staying on a terrace on top of the company’s building, in a bathsuit, with a Jacuzzi, sunbathing and having cocktails.

Eventually I managed to phone him to congratulate, and I proposed him to go out for a drink to celebrate.
“A drink? No, thanks. No more work for me, today. I’ll go home to my family”.

4 Likes

I still hardly ever have dreams. But when I was in Nice, I had dreams for two nights (nothing interesting enough to post here). It was always too hot in my room. I guess that was the key… but I would much prefer a more pleasant method of making dreams happen :confused:

Finally, a job where his expertise isn’t being questioned! That being… hmm… the art of relaxation :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Really? Or can’t you just remember your dreams - which is more likely: We are able to remember our dreams (more) if we wake up while dreaming. If it’s very hot outside we cant sleep proper so that we wake up several times.

Yes, heat can influence the dream, resp. the sleeping phase. (If you have fever, you’ll have more dreams/nightmares.)

1 Like

:spiral_notepad: needs more bubbles

2 Likes