The 2018 what are we playing thread

I think the vast majority of AAA game companies do that. They just release free DRM versions of their games once they milked the cow to death. :cow:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve updated my 2018 games list, having now finished Maniac Mansion and Thomas Was Alone.

Iā€™m making a start on The Secret of Monkey Island and wondering how much I will remember. While Iā€™m on the PC (hurrumph) I might check out Octaviā€™s mini game too.

Edit: oh, it looks like Midnight Scenes is actually on Mac, yay.

3 Likes

I updated my list too for January and what I plan playing for the next weeks

Thanks for reminding me! I downloaded, installed and finished it in 15 minutes. Creepy

2 Likes

I got so sucked into Monkey I didnā€™t get round to playing it in the end! But I will.

If thatĀ“s literally true you should be close to the end already.

Yes, the voodoo lady just reminded me of that :wink:

2 Likes

You hear that @LowLevel? @PiecesOfKate knows how to check the right hand side of rooms! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry, I enjoy teasing him with that!

1 Like

:laughing: :fire:

1 Like

hey @LowLevel, even my 5-yr old looked to the right, right away

1 Like

2 Likes

Just played it. I liked it. It has a satisfyingly eerie atmosphere (and of course great pixel art). Quite a tease though ā€“ I want the next one!

1 Like

We all want. IĀ“m literally ready to put all my money into a cannon to shoot @OctaviNavarro in the face!*

*please donĀ“t quote me on that!

1 Like

Oh - waitā€¦

But I agree, that we need more games from @OctaviNavarro!

1 Like

After finishing Midnight Scenes I was all like:

3 Likes

Love the artwork for The Librarian. His characters have a certain Guybrush charm with just a limited number of pixels.

But the title just makes me think of this:

2 Likes

Why thatĀ“s great! I hope @OctaviNavarro Ā“s next game will be Gandhi 2, then!

1 Like

This means something!

I havenā€™t had much time for games lately, but I did spend way too much time playing this yesterday:

My son found a bunch of sample classic NES games and is like ā€œDad,can you help me with Metroid?ā€

ā€œWellā€¦ OKā€ :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh god luck getting out of KraidĀ“s Lair, AKA the place with the coolest music!