The 2018 what are we playing thread

HEY!!! LISTEN!!!

I played it on the PS4 (which I got in anticipation of that game actually but I obviously have gotten a lot more for it in the meantime inclluding TwP!) but most people seem to play it on XBox. It will probably never come out for PC just like the first game.

1 Like

Nope, not yet! I might go for my Lucasabbatical (if only so I can keep using that word) and buy something else from my wishlist. Unforeseen Incidents, maybe? :slight_smile:

I still want to play We Happy Few, but crikey, 44.99?!

Otherwise I might just do some retroga- I mean, play some old games :wink:

2 Likes

I´m gonna have myself whatever sabbatical that young lad is having!

2 Likes

Then a desert hobo came and told me
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

3 Likes

I just finished Unforeseen Incidents. It’s pretty much a suspenseful and dark point & click game. Well, there are some occasional jokes, but after all the story is very serious and dramatic - and a bit bloody. Hence it’s not really a game for kids.
Admittedly, there were a few puzzle solutions which were not very… say obvious, but those were exceptions. Most of all puzzles are absolutely fair and I don’t regret to have played this game. I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks :slightly_smiling_face: useful to hear what you thought of it, and I really like the sound of the dark mood!

Steam sale at the moment too, so I should probably grab it soon.

How long did it take you to complete, roughly?

1 Like

It’s hard to tell. I bought the game months ago and played it very infrequently, because I have been very busy. It might have taken me about 20 hours to complete. This may sound long, but, keep in mind, please, that I am probably not a good indicator anyway. I use to be a slow player, when I haven’t played the game before.

By the way, Chapter 3 became a bit confusing to me, as the story dealt with so many character’s names. Maybe you should make notes regarding the different characters. Just a tip.

1 Like

Noted, thanks. I may try and squeeze this one in for 2018. If I need any hints I’ll be poking you!

1 Like

Alright, feel free to ask me.

1 Like

So the Sierra games are on sale now on GOG. The trilogy of the first three Space Quest games is just 2.19! Couldn´t even buy a beer for that price! Thinking real hard right now… :thinking:

*slap* what is there to think about?

Ouch, :pleading_face: well 2.19 is still more than nothing!

How much more time do I have for this offer? Until black friday is over?!

1 Like

Righty then, doing this now.

1 Like

finished
Diablo I (my replay as a sorcerer)

(re)started (with the intention to finish within the next few weeks/months):
Sam&Max season 1
Space Quest 1
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
i.e. games starting with the letter S

bought: Tomb Raider (2013) - when will I ever play this then?

3 Likes

I bought them (1&2) during a GOG sale, because Star Wars + LucasArts.
Are they OK? (First review I saw said “bad console port” and oohhh I don’t like the sound of this…)

Stomp Raider (2013)?

rant

ohgodIgoogledtombraiderandfoundamoviefrom2018justcalledtombraiderIhatethose∗beepers∗

And it’s pretty terrible to boot, which is kind of odd because you could cut together a pretty decent action horror flick out of TR 2013 ingame footage. If you had the right tools it might not even take that much time to cutsceneify some choice gameplay sequences.

I like them (the first at least, I’m in level 3 or so). I would recommend to play with a controller though. The graphics are really awesome (my reference being Dark Forces, which also has great graphics for its time). My only gripe is the levels are a bit too long + no subtitles for in-game voices, which causes some intercom to get lost with all the explosions, screaming and mayhem going on.
But if you like Star Wars and some semi-rpg mechanisms and shooter games, you’ll have lots of fun.

Well, if I would play them alphabetically… I will get around to playing Tomb Raider in 25 years. For now I just bought it.

Oh-oh, controllers are great for gaming, but for a shooter? When I come around playing this game I will try it but I couldn’t imagine playing something like Dark Forces 2 with a controller.

Stupid console port, always missing all kind of options…
I always enable subtitles because English isn’t my first language.

More like 125 years: The comes before Tomb!

It is a game?
Oh, yeah and it’s not really a shooter. As a matter of fact you’re swinging a lightsaber and unleashing force moves most of the time. It feels more like a good old side scrolling beat’em up. In 3D. With Star Wars. I like it.

As does Thimbleweed Park!

Controllers are generally great for gaming, but not always.
They work great for platformers… and of course p’n’c adventures like Thimbleweed Park!

DF2 was a mixture between FPS and TPLSP (Third Person Lightsaber Swinging Perspective).
Oh and you could shoot down Tie Fighters. So it’s also a Shoot’em Up! DF2 but also DF1 were fun!

1 Like