The 2018 what are we playing thread

I guess it is similar to The Witness, as for the third person exploration experience and graphical characterization, and there are also environmental puzzles like in Monument Valley (but I never played these two games, just watched briefly some videos of playthroughs). The other game I found similarities with, despite only in game mechanics, is Tomb Raider (I only played the very first chapter). It has to be said that I played mostly the old LucasArt games and some other old strategy titles, and I guess it is why Iā€™m not able to find better references. :slightly_smiling_face:
As for the hardware issues: on my laptop assembled in 2013, equipped with a Intel I7 processor, 8 GB of RAM memory, and a GeForce GT 630 with 2 GB of memory, after having set the graphics to the lowest level possible and the resolution to a scale of 75% (a different option than changing the actual resolution, like switching to 1024x768 for example since that didnā€™t worked in a satisfactory way) well the frame rate still dropped to 5-6 frames per second in some places (when thereā€™s a lot of depth of view). It is not that I donā€™t like stop motion tecnique :stuck_out_tongue:, but since you have to jump, run on narrow passages, solve puzzles in time or sometimes avoid enemies, you know, a fast responding control is important to have a non-frustrating game experience. Reading some reviews, I got to know the game was criticized for its bad graphical optimization. Anyway I liked the game and decided to play it the same, even with these limits.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the info, Iā€™ll make a note not to play it on my 2011 Macbook then :laughing:

1 Like

When IĀ“m through with Space Quest 3 IĀ“ll be having a Sierrabbatical.

1 Like

I worked it out :slightly_smiling_face:

I love this music. Itā€™s very calming. Reminds me of Twin Peaks.

I shouldā€™ve recorded it before the (in-game) TV was on, as you can hear that at the same time. But I canā€™t go back now, doh.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhh :relaxed:

:relieved: :sleeping:

1 Like

:open_mouth: :loudspeaker::warning:

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :open_mouth: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

:boom: :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

:kissing_smiling_eyes: :notes:

(no innocent whistling smiley, really discourse?)

2 Likes

What game was that again?

Unforeseen Incidents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you look at the shared gun and bow rack? I wonder what it says about that! :smile:

Sorry, I read your request only now. :worried:

Have you read the newspaper already?

1 Like

No worries! :smiley:

Yeah I read the newspapers and phoned the numbers, but in the end it was just a case of going through all the dialogue options from phoning the guest book people. I probably missed something somewhere, haha.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have a look next time I play :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just started Resident Evil 4 because itĀ“s supposed to be so good an all. Never thought IĀ“d say that but I kinda want to have my fixed camera angels back, this is confusing. I also prefer the earlier games (and 7 the latest one) that were more about solving puzzles and less about shooting. But it looks nice, so weĀ“ll see.

IĀ“ll divide my time between this and the adventures of Roger Wilco with Captain Funkloch and Katbot, now.

3 Likes

:smile_cat:

1 Like

The music (available on Steam but not GOG) is nice and the backgrounds look good. How about the game? I havenā€™t had enough time yet and was on the fence as well, due to that it sounded rather stereotypical.

I really like it so far. Yeah I guess some of the story is a little typical but the gameplay is pretty solid. The humour and characterisation is good too - quite deadpan - so it doesnā€™t feel typical in that sense. The puzzles are mostly logical (I only got really stuck once so far). Theyā€™re mostly ā€˜use x with yā€™ but there have been some visual puzzles and one timed event too, to mix it up.

Itā€™s just opened up a lot now Iā€™m on the second chapter so I think it will get more difficult.

For the price I think itā€™s pretty good.