The 2018 what are we playing thread

Okay, thanks.

Red Dead Redemption 2 could have been a great game if they would have put a little more effort into itā€¦
Like these guys did: :laughing:

Seriously, this is some crazy shit!

The Town With No Name (CDTV)

2 Likes

I just watched it. Has to be the greatest ā€œnon-gameā€ since at least Big Riggs! :laughing:

Hey you can actually lose!

What do you think, did they really include themselves in that ā€œgameā€ or are those pictures of their worst enemies?

Also: Poor :spider:

Good developers? I think weĀ“d know those! I actually had the thought with the ā€œpictures of themselvesā€ before he even said it.

But when I saw the picture in the thumbnail my first thought was it was a self portrait of Mike Mattei done in Mario Paint.

Yeah it looks quite similar. That must have been the development tool of their choice!
The character animations (lip-sync) was something tooā€¦

I thought the 3D animations didnā€™t look that bad for the time. But overall those incoherent art styles made it look quite horrible.

1 Like

Heheh, Iā€™ve seen a review for this game before! My fave line is this one :laughing:

I own the game. With a CDTV. :wink:

1 Like

Ooooo, how many interesting-flavoured crisps packets is that worth??? :grinning:

1 Like

The game or the CDTV? Both together I would guess round about 600 packets. :wink:

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ll ask my local Tesco to redirect their next truck to your house :wink:

1 Like

The Town with no name and a CDTV: 600 packets of interesting-flavoured crisps.

One @tasse-tee in a shopping bag*: priceless!

*no oneĀ“s gonna get this one! :grin:

2 Likes

You must be kidding!
Was there a German version of this masterpiece?

According to Mobygames there also was a DOS version!

Amiga Joker (Feb, 1992) gave it 52 points out of 100

ā€œHƶrt sich langweilig an? Ist es aber (zumindest anfƤnglich) nicht, denn im Gegensatz zur Killer-Hatz gibtā€˜s hier keine verschwommenen Digi-Bilder sondern astrein animierte Polygon-Grafik Ć  la ā€žAnother Worldā€œ. Egal, ob ein Geier im Sturzflug den Duellkontrahenten kampfunfƤhig macht oder man vom Pferd haushoch aus der Scheune getreten wird, stƤndig nimmt sich das Game selbst auf die Schippe, stƤndig gibt es etwas zu lachen. Dazu kommen knackige FX, stimmungsvolle MusikstĆ¼cke, englische Sprachausgabe und eine tadellose Pad-Steuerung. Tja, wƤre das Gameplay nicht gar so beschrƤnkt, aus dieser Scheibe hƤtte ein Hit werden kƶnnen!ā€

1 Like

Would you rather play that, or Law of the West for C64? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

No. I still have a CDTV here. And I have The Town With No Name somewhere. (I canā€™t remember where I got it from - must have been part of an ebay auction AFAIR.)

Good question. I donā€™t think so. AFAIR my version is the English one.

I own that game too, btw. :wink:

I hope you are still enjoying Unforeseen Incidents. Have you continued to play it during the recent days?

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m still enjoying it, thanks :slight_smile: Iā€™ve had a few distractions but intend to get back to it later today! Iā€™m on the second chapter now and itā€™s now hugely opened up. The humourā€™s great, heheh.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to read this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since I donĀ“t think IĀ“ll get in any more games to complete this year, IĀ“m trying to make a complete as possible list of the games I played this year.

Sorted by finished(subcategorised by platform) and not finished.

Finished:

PC

Darkside Detective Season Finale
The Librarian
Midnight Scenes 2: The Goodbye Note
Wolfenstein 3D
Utlimate Doom
Space Quest 1
Space Quest 2
Space Quest 3

PS4

Resident Evil 7
The Evil Within 2
Axiom Verge
Retro City Rampage
Resident Evil Remaster
Doom 2016
Mortal Kombat XL
Arcade Archives Haunted Castle
Arcade Archives Contra
Arcade Archives Double Dragon
Another World
GTA Vice City
No ManĀ“s Sky
various Sega games in the PS4 Sega collection (Sonic, Shinobi, Streets Of Rage, Golden Axe etc.)
Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon
Layers Of Fear
Among The Sleep
Amnesia Collection
Outlast
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Until Dawn
Call Of Cthulhu
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 4

PSVR

Resident Evil 7