The most ridiculous english swear word

Well he is a redhead…Ransome McClown…no that sounds too much like the mascot of a famous fast food chain.

3 Likes

As Groundskeeper Willie is, which in the Italian version of The Simpsons is Sardinian, and the Italian Ransome will be dubbed by a Sardinian… MIND*BEEP* :scream:

1 Like

?

grafik

Well… yep. Sardinae (which, I learn now from Wikipedia, are called pilchards in English) take their name from the fact that they’re found in great quantities in Sardinian seas :smiley:

But there’s more! What you Germans call Sardelle (anchovy) has obviously the very same name origin. In Italian, the Sardelle is called acciuga, or… alice. Which is the name of my daughter!

1 Like

Or… Sardines.

Surprising!

Can I please keep my mental picture of a tiny fish voicing both an animated neurotic scottish groundskeeper and a cursing clown from a video game? Thank you very much!

A tiny fish with a daughter whose name refers to another tiny fish, don’t forget.

And, by the way… sardines are also called “sarde”, as in “Sardinian girls”, so if you eat the typical Sicilian dish “pasta con le sarde” with the company of my wife and my sister, you’re eating pasta con le sarde con le sarde.

2 Likes

:dizzy_face:

This is getting confusing. I need a short 90 seconds break to calm myself…

Can’t listen right now :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll listen tomorrow at work, but I like the title. Well, not much since it reminds me of today’s dream, but still.

So, one last confusing thing.

If you say Alice è sarda meaning “Guga’s daughter is Sardinian”, then the sentence is true*, but if you mean “Anchovy is sardine” then it’s false, since they’re two different fishes.

*even if she was born and raised in Switzerland. Because we like complicated things.

1 Like

It´s really super super quiet if that is the issue.

Well, my daughter Anch… I mean, Alice is trying to fall asleep in the other room :smiley:

Maybe you should roll down the cap of that tin can in which see supposedly sleeps in, then.

1 Like

Aw, what a cute lil image.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the same in Neapolitan, and probably in all the Southern Italy. "Figlie ‘e puttan’ " or “figlie 'è bucchin” it’s exactly the same as “son of a b*tch”.

You forgot one: the soul of the dead relatives! (Very common in Naples, they could go anthropologically under the sacred, as the cult of ancestors, but it’s not the same in other cultures.)

All’anema d’e muort e chi t’è stramuort!
(it bounces towards the soul of the dead relatives of your extra-dead relatives!):reyes:

1 Like

No wonder italy has the most zombie movies! :zombie:

2 Likes

Really? I thought Western?

btw: The German dubbing of the old Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies had ingenious insults. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you are an estimator hehehe, a while ago I read a post on your blog…

Really? Please tell us some of them…

1 Like

I’m not sure if you can translate them properly, but one of my favorites is: “Ich hau’ dir gleich eine Delle in deine Gewürzgurke.”

In English: “I’ll bash you a dent in your gherkin/pickled cucumber.” (Which means: He is slamming his fist on his head in a way that a dent remains.)

/edit: For all who are able to speak German, here is a best-of: ᐅ 55 der beliebtesten Bud Spencer & Terence Hill Sprüche - BudTerence.de

1 Like

I WANT THIS

Sorry, back to your conversation…

6 Likes