The murderer. (spoilers!)

Oh… what was it of? I don’t remember! Was it an atom bomb?

Yes behind him he has the picture of a mushroom cloud on the opposite wall, thus always looking at him when sits at his desk is this famous portrait of Franz Kafka

I found both very funny at first, but there might be something more to both in the end.

I seeee. I’d totally not made that connection until now.

Oh hello, Discourse. I’m very sorry I’ve replied three times to @milanfahrnholz. I don’t really want to reply to anyone else right now, but thanks for the tip :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I suppose we have gone a little OT.

I know that problem (it´s actually happening to me right now) it would also happen if we hadn´t steered off topic though, it´s just the software making assumptions, it also scolds you when you contribute to one single topic too much. Those things (especially the way it´s worded) are among the few that I don´t really like about this otherwise excellent software.

1 Like

Indeed. There are a few things that are a bit overkill. I think it’s brilliant otherwise.

1 Like

It’s so meta so I don’t think it’s unthinkable that he killed himself. ^^

Agree. The Mist’s (the movie) ending was so good.
… and btw - the movie should be watched in the black and white version. Makes you feel like you’re in the mist!

plus that Dead Can Dance track at the end is perfect!

Wow, I see this discussion is full of liars and denialists. The identity of the murderer is quite obvious, even if people want to deny or conceal the truth of the matter:

[spoiler]The murderer is you. Yes, you–the one reading this right now. You did it. Everything was fine until you installed Thimbleweed Park and set events into motion. Don’t believe me? Think about it. Who lured Boris to his death? You did. You told him where to go. You walked him over to that tree. He was fine right where he was,
but you made him walk right into an ambush. You knew he was the corpse featured in the advertising. You knew he was going to die. You knew all this, and then took deliberate action to make it true. So that’s one murder solved, but wait–there’s more…

What about Franklin’s murderer? That’s you as well. You’re the one who came up with such an inept disguise,
right there in a building you knew was loaded with surveillance. You made sure to disable the camera in his room, ensuring that there would be no video footage of the murder. And you knew Franklin was at risk. The advertising featured Franklin as a ghost. You think ghosts get that way by not dying? Murderer! But wait–there’s more…

You’ve already committed two murders, so why stop there?I bet you pushed the red button, didn’t you? Poor Doug. Poor mute guy in the chair. Poor Lenore’s kid. Poor Lenore. (Okay, nobody cares about Lenore.) I bet you pushed the red button and you killed them. Maybe you even killed Delores, too. Why would you do that? You were even warned it was a bad idea.

And poor Leonard. Poor, poor Leonard. He was just trying to be friendly and helpful, and you killed him. He gave you that nickel, and you turned him into plant food. That shouldn’t even be possible, but somehow you did it. At this point we’re having trouble keeping accurate total of how many people you killed, but why stop now when there’s blood in the water?

Eventually you found out that Uncle Chuck cheated death, and you decided that you had to make sure he played the dying game fair and square. Couldn’t let him live, could you? You used every verb at your disposal to take him offline. And then you learned there were even more consequences than that. Killing Uncle Chuck would require undoing the entire existence of Thimbleweed Park, annihilating everyone in the world of Thimbleweed Park. You kept pushing past every opportunity to stop, until it was all gone. Everybody is dead–well, maybe not Ray. And then, only at the end do you find out you can kill them all over again. And you’re going to, because you don’t mind putting everyone six feet under if it means getting to check out some alternate gags or listening to new dialogue. You monster. You sick, murderous monster.

Oh, and maybe you’ll try to feign innocence. “It wasn’t me! I was just a developer. It was the players who did all that killing.” Hah. Who engineered the ambush? The hotel encounter? The red button? Audrey II? The entire end of Thimbleweed Park existence? You did. Not only did you engineer it all, but you even tested to make sure the killings would succeed. You did it yourself, and you recruited other people to do it–and I’m not talking about just the end-user. You call them testers, but accomplice is a much more appropriate word, and murderer an even more appropriate word, still. It’s as if you created one of those murder simulators Ray found so distasteful.

So that’s the answer. Who is the murderer? You are. And don’t even try to say, “But I didn’t even beat the game! I didn’t do all that!” Well, did you leave your computer on the whole time? Or did you maybe shut it off and blink all of them out of existence, only to reanimate their digital corpses at some future point? Unless you have a computer still idling at the opening chapter, you killed them. And even murder wasn’t good enough for you.

Why let them go peacefully? Of course you would decide to insult everyone you could, sabotage a celebrity’s career, traumatize a kid in a wheelchair, frame someone for murder, extract bogus confessions from him (okay,
he actually did make the O-ring), commit theft after theft, commit copyright infringement, poison no less than five people, maybe rack up a drug charge, and who knows what else? It’s all your fault, you monster.[/spoiler]

It feels good to finally know the truth, doesn’t it. :wink:

12 Likes

Haha, true. You know the funny thing about what you´re saying is that it reminds me of a comment I saw somebody make about the ending of Tron that bascially went "How can Flynn still be a programmer now that he KNOWS that all programs are enslaved sentinent being struggeling for survival? I found that very amusing.

1 Like

And Ron… what do you think of the new Twin Peaks, especially the last aired episode 8?! :slightly_smiling_face:

The last episode contains lots of unsolved theories indeed… we should create a thread about Twin Peaks! I won’t do it… I have already lot of discussions around the web and whatsapp… :reyes:

Me neither, as this forum doesn´t have an off topic category and I´ve honestly haven´t been missing one so far.

Interesting theory. However, I don’t remember being in the game to knock on the door of Franklin’s room. I also don’t recall ever meeting Franklin before so why did he say, “oh, it’s you.”

Similar arguments can be made for Boris’ death. I don’t recall dressing up in a black trench coat and hitting him over the head or ever owning an ice-pick.

So, even if I am an accomplice and an agent in facilitating or enabling the murders, your theory still does not specify the person, character, or being who actually committed the acts of murder.

Very interesting theory nonetheless! :thumbsup:

dZ.

I actually brought them all to the mansion…

I did it! I shot JR too!

Anyone who denies the connection to :evergreen_tree: Twin Peaks :evergreen_tree: is a climate change denier. I mean come on, the initials TP? I bet they had the initials first, and decided on Twimbleweed Park later.

I’m also digging the new season. Nothing like watching 10 minutes of a guy sweeping a bar to put me to sleep :sleeping:

Here is the list of unused names.

I still think they should have gone ahead with “Craptastic!”:joy:

1 Like

I don’t know why, but the fourth last “Dorkapalozza Extravaganza” makes me laugh!
It sounds like an italian exclamation when something goes wrong! :grin:

1 Like

Caven, I don’t think yours is actually an explanation of what happened, but I must say it’s a perfect explanation of Thimbleweed Park “philosophical” meaning. :wink: Kudos.

I like movies where the finale is not explained, but there is a precise explanation which is definitely the correct one. Only, it is left implicit. Then you go to a forum and someone explains you the finale, and you say “there are no doubts that it must be so”. That’s awesome when it happens.

One of those movies is Inception. Someone on the internet explained (convincingly, IMHO) that it must have been reality, not a dream. Because his totem was the ring, not the spinning top. Since when he spins the spinning top he is wearing the ring, this means it must be reality..

Now, when this happens, you are looking at a masterpiece.

1 Like