The official jogging thread

And that´s misassumed! :rofl:

D’Ohrwell!

2 Likes

It turns out if you take the current date, add 7 weeks and a day, then I will be turning an age that rhymes with…

Rick and Morty! :scream:

But you’re only as old as you feel (so multiply that by 1.5)

3 Likes

Seventy-fourty? Yeah, that’s an odd age. I remember it like it was yesterday.

1 Like

It was in nineteen-dickety-two to be exact. We had to say “dickety” because the Kaiser had stolen our word “twenty”.

4 Likes

What? It’s a perfectly cromulent word to say while you’re jogging.

2 Likes

And jogging embiggens even the smallest man!

3 Likes

85 kilos? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:
I am officially offended now!
:wink:

1 Like

Today I run my first 10k since my pause. 55:30, still far from my 10k record of 50:45, but good nevertheless. It was the first time I ran again at lunch time, and there’s an enormous difference with running at dawn. I’m happy summer is over.

4 Likes

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

I’ve been slacking on exercise this summer. I definitely notice the energy drop. I know I should get back into it, I’ve just been so lazy this summer.

I think most everyone was due to the grossly exaggerated heat.

2 Likes

Wish I could use that excuse but it’s been a relatively mild summer here :slight_smile:
I think I’m just trying to enjoy being less busy as compared to the school year (starting next week) where I have to get up at the crack of dawn again. Kids get summer vacation but us grownups still have to work, so maybe I’m just carving out a little escape for myself.

I should really start jogging again :crazy_face:

I was about to use that Woody Allen quote, but I guess I already used it above.

So…

…that kind of an answer.

1 Like

One of my favourite quotes is when she parks the car in Annie Hall and he says, ‘hey it’s fine, we can get a cab to the kerb’.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:
I am going to try and run 10k in 56’ on Sunday
it’s a start.

1 Like

I did 55’ then and 54’45” this week.
:triumph:

2 Likes

What’s your record? :slight_smile:

Those are… not gonna break it every week though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like