The official travel thread

3 Likes

I’m traveling to NYC soon and want to ask about game related sights. Do you know any?

1 Like

I haven’t been yet, but there’s a place called Barcade on 24th Street in Chelsea that’s supposed to be fun.

I would have recommended the Korova Milkbar but sadly that closed a few years back.

1 Like

So they expanded from their London branch?

Apparently so, but then the droogs moved their shop from the East Village up to Westchester. So it’s a bit too far for me now.

1 Like

I try to check it out. Thanks!

Today I traveled back 21 years and 2 months (and I guess a couple of days) back in time!

The year is 1997
The place is Cairo!

(click to enlarge)

1. I have no idea, what I´m holding there!
  2. Seems I used to be @Guga!
  3. Not pictured: yellow crayon.
6 Likes

I wish I had that hairline.

1 Like

Definitely Iceland for winter holidays! <3 It’s almost a year since I’ve made my trip there and can’t wait to go back there since then…

3 Likes

I loved Iceland :heart_eyes: I have a great pic from there - I’ll try and dig it out…

3 Likes

It looks like a small image, photo or diapositive of the Sphinx behind you, like you’re now in the exact same place of the picture you’ve dreamed of!

How cold is it there?

4 Likes

It could be a ticket. It might have been that it was for an fenced off area. It is a cropped version and my mum and my brother are also on it holding theirs up. It might have been that we constantly had to show this to people so we were mocking that in the picture. :man_shrugging:

I didn´t find any strange drawings on the foot. But I also didn´t look much get much closer than on that pic.

1 Like

How cold is it there?

It’s not cold! Max 0 degrees Celcius in the winter but on the other hand max 20 degrees Celcius in the summer - so not that hot either.

During my stay it varied from -2 to +5 degrees even. Of course the wind makes it feel a bit more colder, but overalll it’s not that cold as one might think.

1 Like

I found it freeeeezing, but then we went on the edge of snow season. Plus the hotel whacked up their heating, so it felt so much colder outside. I remember leaving my coat, hat and scarf to the last minute before legging it out the door each day :smile:

I´d love to travel to an upnorth country someday. Beaches bore me. Been to beaches all my life(even though last time is almost 20 years back).

2 Likes

Count me in. The farthest north I got so far was southern Denmark. Though I’d prefer to travel in the warmer season. While 0°C isn’t cold compared to some really cold places, there’s also the issue of shorter days during winter, meaning less time to take in the sights.

Yeah, that’s becoming a worldwide trend I guess. Their motto is: outside freezing, inside sweating. I think they’re controlled by the napkins producers cartel.

1 Like

Yeah, ‘keep the tourists warm!’

1 Like

But when can I watch all those groovy pagan rituals?