The official travel thread

If you’re “a kind of guy” who does something that isn’t ordinary, that implies the rest of Italy always leaves the water running.

I can’t speak for the whole nation, but I have the feeling that leaving the faucet running is the default option indeed.

And Kate specifically pointed it out as well. And I heard simliar things in Germany. So it doesn´t seem to be limited to Italy, England or Germany. Though I don´t know anyone who does leave it running.

I don’t know what other people generally do, but for me leaving the faucet running is really odd.
Although there was this one time I was flying from San Francisco to Seattle…

7 Likes

Rothenburg ob der Tauber with Christmas lights.

6 Likes

And once again, you´re relatively close to me!

I’m not there, I’m still in Italy, it’s a picture I found and loved :blush:

Oh, okay I assumed because it’s the travel thread.

1 Like

Yes, sorry, it’s an off topic in this topic, as usual :joy:

3 Likes

FTFY :laughing:

2 Likes

10x :blush:

1 Like

Something for our Italian friends, if you’re ever in Taipei and miss home

Haven’t seen the play, just been to the puppet museum, so no idea if they’d actually perform in Italian. The sign also just caught my attention on the way out, so I did not enquire about it.

The museum I’ll recommend. Small and intimate, in a truly nice old building.

Now I want to watch “Räuber Hotzenplotz” again.

2 Likes

I have no clue what’s up with those Italians, but turns out the small LEGO exhibition we went to had stuff built by the Linux … uh … LEGO user group Romabrick.

They’d even built the Forum Romanum, and I’d never known there were actual LEGiOnnair figures.

However, the coolest part, the one that took me right down memory lane, was a display of 30 year old space LEGO. Nothing custom built, just the original models (quite a few of which I had as a child) lined up in a moon landscape. Never thought I’d see any of those again …

5 Likes

Might be custom outfits like these or simply clever repurposing from other sets.

I had those exact horses and knights too! Weird how just looking at the photo brings me right back to feeling like an 8-year old… because, you know, I’m way more mature now. :crazy_face:

You guys are doing weird stuff on your journeys. Here is a painting, which mesmerized me.

Where did you see this painting?

Something about the clothes and face makes me think it’s fairly modern. But the rest of the scene makes it look like it could be from 100 years ago.

/edit: Thank you google image search… this was painted 2 years ago.

Yeah, something about it reminds me of Manet, a bit.

2 Likes

I can see that…

The model in the Olowska painting seems content to be there, but in the Manet her face looks sad and trapped. Like she’s thinking “How long do I have to beeping stand here?”

1 Like

Exactly, it´s even been theorized that because it looks like the woman talking to the man on the right side could also be her and because a mirror perspective can´t explain that, because it´s not possible, it is meant to symbolise that she is working so hard she is literally at several places at the same time. I guess everyone who ever waited tables can relate to how she must be feeling when she looks at the viewer.

1 Like