The X-Files 2018

I started typing something then and decided it was disgusting…

You´re so much better than I could ever could hope to be!

(I even can imagine what it was supposed to be! :open_mouth: )

1 Like

I was just about to cry then you fixed it :grinning:

1 Like

Oh no! Please don´t cry!

Because that would make me

Well I’m definitely crying now! That image is so heart-wrenching :sob:

Ohhhh, that better?

I feel like I’m doing one of those amygdala tests!

I probably failed that one as for some reason my eyes went straight to Krycek.

And I deliberatly choose not to use one of those versions that show Mulder in profile or zoomed in…or both!

1 Like

Just finished watching the first two episodes.
So… Mulder is…

Ok no spoiler! :wink:

You know what? I really enjoyed that!
I hope we can find a show one of these days that we can really watch in-sync.

Maybe when Eerie, Indiana finally hits Prime on both sides of the canal. :wink:

Yeah! I’d like to watch that again.

1 Like

In the USA, X-Files is currently at 11x05. But I prefer to wait until the italian dubbing team (the professional one :grin:) makes its job.
The 11x03 episode will be broadcasted here on next Monday, I’ll watch it on Tuesday, we’ll comment it on Wednesday.

In the UK we’ve only had the first episode so far. 11x02 will be shown next Monday. So you’ll be one ahead.

Sigh, I really wish it could be broadcast at the same time everywhere…

1 Like

In Germany, which episodes have been broadcasted so far?

A statement from my client says none, apparently.

It´s still another 3 weeks until it starts here.

So, tell me a bit about the italian dubbing.

It’s excellent, the cast used the same voice actors already used for the main characters: The smoking man, Skinner, Scully and Mulder.

Alright, so I don´t have the time right now, but when I get back I will tell you guys a bit about the german dub of the X-Files or “Akte X - die unheimlichen Fälle des FBI” as it´s called in Teutonia.

Do you guys prefer dubbing to subtitles then?

I started watching Dark last week and accidentally had dubbing on, and quickly switched to subtitles instead. I just find it jarring to watch lips that are moving out of sync with voices!

Yes. Because the subtitles are distracting. I’m only able to read text or follow the scene. To switch (fast and repeatedly) between the text and the scene is exhausting.

Really? I don’t notice that (if the dubbing was made professionally of course). Even in films like “When Harry Met Sally” with a high amount of dialog I don’t find it jarring or distracting.