The X-Files 2018

Got the confirmation now that episode 3 was broadcast uncut in germany. So I didn´t miss anything like the crime scene with the beheaded body (where a similar scene in Highlander got the uncut version an 18 rating 30 years ago).

Oh that’s good. Would be annoying if they missed bits out. They keep doing that with Friends repeats over here, but obviously not as soul-destroying.

Yesterday night I watched episode 6 - Kitten.
I felt asleep while watching… it was quite boring, and with a foregone finale. :-1:

I thought the same. It was hyped as a really good episode but I was easily distracted.

Yeah the practice to cut for time is something we have here too albeit not as excessive as in other countries. However Miami Vice was never released in full over here and every single episode is missing about 2 or 3 minutes. The dealbreaker for me was the fact that they cut out the entire “You Belong To The City” sequence, one of the most iconic moments and songs from the show, so I just went and ordered a box from the UK.

1 Like

FYI: Pro 7 shows episode 8 and 9 at the same day (because episode 9 is rated 16, link goes to the announcement in German language):

Thanks! I think that means they won´t edit anything, which is really good news.

I wish though they´d rather show it on mondays at ten leading into Late Night Berlin (doesn´t fit at all, but then I could see the only 2 shows I watch on Pro7 on the same day).

And the ratings are really bad. Not only here it seems since Kate said they moved it to a later slot in the UK too, I wonder how it fares in the states.

Don’t miss episode 7!!
Absolutely, every Thimbleweed Park user must watch episode 7!
For half the time, I was asking myself if Ron Gilbert had been contacted by Chris Carter for a hint on how to build this episode!

The episode title is: A.I.
That’s all. :grinning:

I’ve just watched episode 7 (over here it’s called ‘Rm9sbG93ZXJz’). It was good, but that’s all I’m saying until everyone (meaning Milan) has seen it.

1 Like
Spoiler, milanfahrnholz don't open here

Here is the title I have from the original series:
immagine
At my programmer’s eyes, it’s written with a particolare cryptographic code, called “base64”, because it’s very common, it contains only letters and numbers and the last character is “=”.
So, Using a base64 decode online tool, the title shown above translates in…
The Truth is Out There

2 Likes

Haha, that’s clever. I wondered what it meant.

(Those are taglines not the title of the episode btw.)

They´ve always been doing that. But I can see how one could think that the way they are placed at the end of the opening credit sequence.

Yeah, especially when they keep changing them. In the original series they only really did that for important mythology episodes.

The title card of last weeks episode said:

The truth is out there
The truth is out there

Which would be a really strange episode title. And sometimes an important word or letter appears and disappears again.

Looking forward to tonights episode! I guess it´s the whacky one.

Oh yeah! It’s bonkers :smile:

The trailer looked a bit dramatic but now that you said it, I noticed what you could do with that premise.

There is a specific reason why the title is repeated twice. You’ll find it.

I´ve seen the episode. You think it´s because of the twins?

1 Like

I assumed it was because of the doppelgangers.

Well, yeah that was a common theme in general. I found them really creepy(reminded me a bit of “It Follows”), even if the actual “villians” responsible for all weren´t that scary themselves.