Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

So, it may be technically impossible to do? Wouldn’t that be a huge risk on this whole undertaking? I understand that Ron may be not against the idea, but is that enough to spend all the hours to record all these lines?
And step 2, after importing the audio in your own copy/installation, you should be able to upload the (huge) audio files somewhere with instructions for others to update their own copies (hence the “not pirating” part, as in "surely you aren’t thinking of putting up the complete game code somewhere…?)
In my -as ever- humble opinion, that sounds like a serious risk you have to solve before going into production mode, no matter the level of amateurism (in both meanings of the word). In comparison, fan text translations is something that is at least using a system that has been used and is proven during the actual production of the game and where the fileformat is “just” a reasonable sized spreadsheet. Not that the effort involved in that is to be understimated. See also this post on my MI fan translation project