Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

So, today is the anniversary of our first video!

We’ve come a LONG way. Recorded and listened to thousands of lines, lots of casting discussions, but we’re almost there.

We’ve definitely raised the bar in terms of quality. We’d surely have already finished, had it remained something “just for fun”, but since the goal became to provide an official in-game dub we kept on improving because this game deserves the best. Well, the best we can afford.

5 Likes

Yes. She is really great.

1 Like

I am 99% sure I will retake most of my Reyes lines, with better acting quality.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to play this in Italian and choose “Svalvolòdromo” for Ricki’s store name.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I’ll inform Serena !

6 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: Annoying Movie/Game Titles

Guys, I’m sorry to partypoop all over the place, but… maybe we should move the last 20ish posts in some other thread…

@Calypso

2 Likes

Yes, it would be a nice feature, but I don’t know if it is possible or allowed by @discourse policy. Maybe we could help @eviltrout and @Calypso in keeping this place clean. They could identify 3-4 regular users for that.

:sweat_smile:

I haven’t checked it but it’s likely that those features are bound to the Trust Levels and can’t be assigned individually.
After Regular comes Leader, but this one has extensive rights.

Yeah, this is unfortunate. We aren’t able to grant individual privileges to users (such as only the ability to move posts)…

It’s not a problem for me though - just keep tagging me if you feel like the derailment is too much and I’ll handle it, even though it may take me a bit longer during the weekends :slight_smile:

(Also, let’s not potentially derail for the second time - I think at this point, we should allow the thread to return back to the topic of the Italian fan dub).

6 Likes

Thanks Calypso. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do you remember when I gave you these numbers, in august?

Well, I lied.

Errr… it was actually an half-truth… Let me explain: we had just assigned the character of Delores to Sonia. Since Sonia is @Guga’s wife, I consider her very reliable.
Since the character of Delores alone accounts for 17% of the lines of the whole game, the real number of lines I had back then was 77%, which reflects my statement of a few posts earlier:

Out of enthusiasm, I decided to consider Delores as done.

Delores isn’t finished yet, but I know Sonia and Guga are working on it. It’s a matter of days.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, these are the official numbers for the TWP Italian Fan Dub Progress up to december, 2nd, 7.55pm. Here we go:

lines recorded if we consider Delores done: 98,84% (in august circa 94%)
lines recorded if we don’t consider Delores done: 82,13% (in august circa 77%)
lines to be recorded if we consider Delores done: 176 out of 15196 (in august circa 1000)
lines to be recorded if we don’t consider Delores done: 2714 out of 15196 (in august circa 3700)
n. of characters fully recorded: 43 out of 48 (89,58%) -still waiting for Delores, Sandy, the three devs
n. of lines cut: 63% (in august circa 20%)
n. of lines tested, edited, approved: 53,51% (in august 0%)

We decided in april to have as a deadline the delivery of a full alpha version of the dub within the end of the year. I think our progress is slightly behind, but still isn’t bad. We can make it.

6 Likes

I admire the dedication of all of you to this project :relaxed:
I’m certain that the end result will be fantastic!

5 Likes

This was actually one of the hardest words. I think I had to re-record it like 10 times. Saying the word alone isn’t to hard I guess, but saying it in a sentence was really an issue for me :slight_smile:

I agree on that one! I already promised to @Ema to do a second take. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to do it yet because I’ve been very busy at work during the last month. So I hope to be able to do a second take over the holiday.

5 Likes

Thank you @AndreKraemer !! We really count on you for your Boris, we loved it! :hugs:

We’re waiting for @RonGilbert’s reply: if we can deliver an “alpha version” of the audio, so he can work on the integration and then we substitute the lines with better ones, then there’s no hurry to do the retakes.

But there is hurry to finish Delores. Now, does any of you want to babysit my daughters so we can work on it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, just bring 'em over to Belgium and then I’ll watch over 'em this afternoon. :wink:

1 Like

Just give them to “Dream @Guga” he´ll take care of them! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I must have missed the original message. Can you link to it or ask it again?

Sure, I can do Delores’ lines.

5 Likes