Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

Only if we do a parody dub in the style of Sinnlos im Weltraum. Sonst klatschtet, Junge!

2 Likes

Hehe, yes that isn’t such a bad idea! :slight_smile:

I thought I’d like and reply to that in case the stats dwindled.

1 Like

If you do, count me in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Which character do you like to speak? :wink:

Yes. The Final Recording (that is, without considering the test shots) took 4 weekends (I have recorded during my spare time).
Globally, it took about 6 hours.

1 Like

Really fast. How many lines do you had to read (round about)?

2597 – more or less :blush:
I have recorded the last 800 lines yesterday.

To avoid echo and reverb, I had my personal recording studio… in my bed!
Under the covers, like a child who reads a book hiding from his parents.
The covers absorb sounds very well!

3 Likes

That’s insane. I hope you’re all backing up your files somewhere!

Wow, this sounds like a real undercover operation! :sunglasses:
unintentional pun!

3 Likes

Yeah, I was lucky, I only had 2510 :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, yep, everything’s backed up and, yep, I basically had to record hiding :stuck_out_tongue: didn’t want my daughters to know I can say so many bad words.

3 Likes

To record only an half of Zak’s lines (originally for Ransome), it took me two full days, and still I thought one third had to be re-recorded… Guys you’re amazing!

And what about your sons and your wife?

They are on my mobile, on my local hard disk and in a protected folder on the cloud. :smiling_face:🖒

2 Likes

Yes I remember. I have recorded all the lines, one after the other, one file per page (about 45 lines each). Before starting recording for real, we spent months in researching the right hardware, quality settings, tricks to avoid echo, reverb and the background noise. Once we had decided a good compromise between quality, effort and costs, we started to record straight like a rocket.

There will be a second step, though: cut each line, normalize the volume, remove the eventual background noise and judge if the take is good, or need to be recorded again.

1 Like

How have you eliminated noises like cars, planes, talking people in the neighborhood, etc.?

Guns.

2 Likes

I was gonna answer the same way :laughing:

1 Like

(serious one)
This is almost impossible. So, we recorded being careful not to have dogs barking, neighborhood chatting, cars, planes, and so on. We choosed some isolated places.

You recorded in Florida?

1 Like

No, but not too far from where I live, there is a military air base.

2 Likes