Thimbleweed Park Role-playing Game šŸŽ²

You walk a while past the Quick E Pal until you reach the vista. There you are stopped by a strange man with a moustache, wearing an uniform and a funny hat.

ā€œWell, howyde-dowdy-do-areno! Who do we have here-a-erno? Did you get lost little lady-a-reno?ā€

1 Like

:rofl:

How do you do! Umm, Iā€™ve just been to the S&D Diner, and they told me that the hotel would be in this direction. Is that right, sir?

"That is-correct-a-reno! Unless something happened that I missed-a-reno. And I never miss-a-reno anything. For I am the towns Sherrif-a-reno. But you can call me Sherrif-a-reno.

"Anyway, it is really late to go this way-a-reno. Also there are bear-a-renos in the woods out there. You really shouldnĀ“t go without a bear repellent-areno. You may get one of those in the Quickie-Pal-a-reno. But still. Soon it gets dark-a-reno and I wouldnĀ“t really go through them blasted woods-aboos without a flashlight-areno. So unless you donĀ“t have these two thingies with ya, IĀ“m afraid I cannot let you pass-a-reno.

ā€œComprend-a-reno?ā€

1 Like

Okay-a-reā€¦ I mean, okay then, sir! Iā€™m glad you warned me about the bears. Those two at the Diner should really have known about that. Iā€™ll go to the Quickie Pal to get a bear repellent. Can I also get a flashlight there?

ā€œMaybe-a-reno. Otherwise the only person-areno who would have one at this time of night would be the sherrif-a-reno in his office-a-reno. And since that is me-a-reno. IĀ“m afraid IĀ“m not in my office-a-reno right now. So I cannot help you there. Have a save night-areno!ā€

The sherrif leaves to the town exist but keeps an eye on you in case you want to smuggle your way through. There is no way getting anywhere without the bear repellent and the flashlight right now.

Hazel mutters to herself.

Pfffft, have a safe nightā€¦ if we donā€™t have anywhere to stay, weā€™re hardly safe, are we?
Oh well, I guess Iā€™ll go to the Quickie Pal for now, and wait for Brian outside.

@Someone

(Oh, you did already five actions?)

Ok, then: Walk out of the S&D Diner and go to the Quickie Pal. There look around.

ā€œBoaaaahhhhh, duuuuuuuuuude!!! Am I tripping again or are you someone I have not seen before. Heheā€¦I guess both. My name is Leonard. Can I help you with anything?ā€

Entering the Quickie Pal:

Hey Brian! Iā€™m afraid we canā€™t get to the hotel without some bear repellent and a flashlight! The Sheriff said so.

To Leonard:
So yeah, do you have any bear repellent, for a start?

"Do I have any? Hmmm, ho ho hoā€¦urghā€¦umā€¦yes I mean, let me take a look. Oh yeah there it is.10 $ for the Bear repellent. Anything else?

Hey Hazel, do we need only one bear repellent and one flashlight for us two?

Only one as long as you stick together. The sheriff will be gone when he sees one person carrying both he will be gone and another person can pass without either. However the chances of tripping in the dark and/or bear attacks are higher if you go alone without these items.*

*usually I shouldnĀ“t tell you things like this, but IĀ“m making an exception here. But if you donĀ“t figure certain things out at certain parts, it may be potentionally dangerous for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess we only need one of each between us right now.
So, Leonard, how much is a flashlight? Are the batteries included?

ā€œUh, well I can sell you batteries if you like. But I donĀ“t have any flashlights, IĀ“m sorry.ā€

Batteries could be useful for all kinds of things. Shall we get some, Brian?
And some bear repellent - Iā€™ll pay for that.

Yes, good idea Hazel. If you pay two bottles of the bear repellent, Iā€™ll pay the batteries for two flashlights.

So, Leonard, please sell us two bottles of bear repellent and enough batteries for two flashlights. Iā€™ll pay the batteries, Hazel will pay for the repellent.

P.S.:

The question with the bear repellent is, if there is enough of the stuff in the bottle for two. Same thing with food: Is one Schweinshaxe enough for two people? Maybe we could introduce a system for measuring things or something like that? :thinking: Or I can just ask every time (the corresponding character in the game). :slight_smile:

Your inventories have been updated. Each of you now has bear repellent and Brian carries enough batteries for two flashlights.

IĀ“d rather do it that way. IĀ“ve diverted enough already from my original plan to keep the rules as simple as possible. :smile:

2 Likes

Give two batteries to Hazel.

Done

1 Like

Leonard, do you know where we can get a flashlight?