TWP Forum Meetup Discussion

I’m considering it, but it depends on a few things at the moment.

3 Likes

If I will go or not? :upside_down_face:

Well yeah - I’m hoping your fish bowl would detract from my pulley :wink:

2 Likes

Use pulley with fishbowl

3 Likes

Better “use Sushi in fishbowl with cup of tea” first, to avoid another gruesome death.

Oh… wait… :flushed:

2 Likes

BTW I wasn´t talking about you when I mentioned company, consdering you should have your own.

grafik

‘Use rolling pin with fishbowl.’

grafik

4 Likes

I was reading the comments on the blog (still 3400 to go) and came across this related one…
https://blog.thimbleweedpark.com/london_event

I wonder, @Someone, did you ever pay that $2000 to Ron in the meantime? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It were only $1000 (or have I raised it somewhere…?). No, they are here but my offer is still valid. So if you have a reliable study, please tell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about we all work together and carry out an investigation, present our findings to Ron, then split the winnings at the end? :wink:

1 Like

That’s Ok for me as long as the results are meeting scientific standards. :slight_smile: (And I don’t have to transfer 1000 people one Dollar … :wink: )

(Not all have read the blog, so we maybe we should explain what we are talking about. It was a “dispute” between Ron and me: I said that the coin interface is more intuitive than the verb interface. Ron denied that and said it is the other way around. Then I promised Ron $1000 if a study proves that he is right.)

So, @tasse-tee, having played Sam and Max with their “coin” like interfaces and then TWP and Zak with the classic verb interface:
How long did either take to get used to / know how to play?
It is not about preference, just about difference. Is there one that takes longer to get used to?

1 Like

I disagree with you, but I don’t know if it’s the coin interface per se or just the MI3 implementation of it.

What is more intuitive about the coin interface is that there are fewer actions tout court.

It’s hard to say really because you can only experience the first time once. But I always thought the MI3 interface was super complex compared to MI2 and MI4.

1 Like

I was not referring to the MI3 implementation but the coin interface in general (the MI3 and Full Throttle implementation isn’t good due to several reasons). The coin interface is simpler and thus more intuitive: The player moves his pointer over the screen. As soon as he hovers over an object, he has just to click and then to select an action. This is much more intuitive than to click first on a verb and then on the object. Of course if you are familiar with both UI types then both are intuitive - and don’t forget that we know how to use the verb interface since the 80s (well, some of us :wink: ).

Maybe we should open up a new thread for this discussion (or switch to an existing one :wink: ).

Don’t back down now! It’s any coin interface (click object first, then action) va any verb interface (click verb first, then object(s))

1 Like

For the sake of the scientific value of this research, I am not going to react to this, for now…

1 Like

No, don’t worry.

You can complicate the coin interface (like MI3 and Full Throttle did in some ways). That would be cheating in this study. Or in other words: To be able to compare the verb and the coin interface both has to be as simple as possible.

So …

… the player has just to click on the object (the player must not hold down the left button) and he must be able to identify the actions (the coin must not be a weird drawing).

You mean… like in plain letters… forming words?! Words that are verbs?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Do you try to influence the study in a very subtle way? :wink:

1 Like