What do you think about hidden object games?

Do you like hidden object games? Can we consider hidden object games as adventure games?

I ask that because I had a great time with “The Tiny Bang Story”, while some other hidden object games were boring.

And yes, it’s time for a poll! :slight_smile:

Do you like hidden object games?

• Yes!
  • No!
  • Sorry, I can’t vote now. I have to find my pen first …

0 voters

I don’t really know what that means, actually. Pixel hunting?

Yes. The game tells you which objects you have to find and then you have … to find them. :slight_smile:

Do you know “Where’s Wally/Waldo”?

Yes, I even played it on Google Maps not too long ago.

I don’t know if I’d want to play an entire game based around that concept but it’s fun enough in Ace Attorney.

1 Like

I think I like them. I’ve not played very many.

I’ve really wanted to play Hidden Folks for a while, but it won’t work on my particular tablet. I don’t know if I’d enjoy it on a desktop.

Is it a difference if I play it on the desktop or on a mobile device? I’ve played them only on the desktop…

No, I just like playing those sorts of casual games on the sofa rather than going and sitting at a desk, that’s all.

2 Likes

Note that I played TWP on my couch and in bed.

Games that I play on my desktop (Tomb Raider, DmC, Mark of the Ninja) I normally play standing around in various ways with the controller in my hands.

Even games where you might not expect it, like Shadow Tactics, have brilliant controller support. Which even goes back to the first Commandos, but that aside.

2 Likes

I like them (clicked ‘no’ accidentally since my phone slipped). They are definitely not adventure games, but fun anyway in their own means.

You can change your answer (until I close the poll).

1 Like

Oh yeah! Had to refresh the page I guess.

Or click on “Hide results”.

Seen one that looks fairly interesting on sale right now (€3, or the whole series for €9)

https://www.gog.com/game/enigmatis_3_the_shadow_of_karkhala

Might be a good time to take a look at the genre and decide if it’s any good. I know the concept from the analogue age, so to speak, but have yet to play it on a PC.

1 Like

Tiny Bang Story is also on sale together with other hidden object games. That’s why I came up with the question. :slight_smile:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20180803_launch_promo_hidden_object_games

I meant to say I’ve finally started playing Hidden Folk. It’s good, and very addictive!

Some of the things are crazy hard to find. Speck of dust eat your heart out!
DSC_0157

The little noises it makes (when you click on things) are also hilarious. It’s very cute.

3 Likes

Is Chuchel a hidden object game? I’m almost through and I think it had about two or three puzzles that were somewhat challenging, one of which mainly because it wasn’t particularly clear what you had to achieve at all.

1 Like

And just as I’m proclaiming how relatively easy the game is, the next puzzle has me stumped. I kind of regret not looking at the hints previously in a way; these are gorgeous! (I’m not even sure how much it even helps though, lol.)

Edit: finally got it, no thanks to the hint. >_> (I understand what the hint was trying to say now.)

1 Like

I would say no, because in the most scenes there are only a few (big) objects that are easy to spot. :slight_smile:

I guess I still have a very poor handle on what the term is supposed to mean.

There used to be these machines in bars and stuff where you had to find the difference between two pictures. (Just like on paper.)

Yes, but that are only a few puzzles. In the most scenes you have just to click the objects in the right order. :slight_smile:

For me a hidden object game is a game where you have to find an object (or like in the following example a person) in scenes like these:

1 Like