What was the most funny joke/moment, for you?

The violins from Psycho and the comment of the character made me LOL. It’s a brillant joke.

Explaining to Wille who is a bad cop and who is a good cop and his reaction.

Also, I think I LOLed when I used Frank Zappa name to check into the hotel and it came back in the investigation with all seriousness.

1 Like

There is also the A-Reno antic which seems to be lifted straight from Ned Flanders (besides the look).

BTW I think of all the possible aliases (next to Emilio Estevez, George Michael and Robert Palmer out of all people!) that one is the most belivable:

1 Like

How is that? I’m not a died-hard SImpsons watcher. I remember he had some kind of a catch phrase, but I can’t remember it now.

Hidely-ho, Neighbor-reno!

He says it all the time.
Even the translation is the same because in german he uses the ending syllable “chen” instead of “areno”.

Wow! Maybe I subconsciously did that.

1 Like

It did not occur to me that this would have been an unintentional. What with the moustache and all. Just seemed to fit. Also it would be interesting if Boris noticed that as well and was thus consequent with the translation.

Actually it is, but it’s not original. It is another Simpson influence.

With 28 years of episodes, everything is a Simpsons reference. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, yes. Definitely. :blush:
I don’t remember where I read an article about some cartoon designers who had a in-joke during development which sounded like “no, that was in the simpsons, yet”…
They even forecasted the election of Trump, ten years ago.

I don´t know, these days saying “The Simpsons did it!” might be taken for a South Park reference…

It just doesn´t end anywhere does it?:slight_smile:

1 Like

See above I guess? That episode actually made a real good point about creativity and originallity when there is just so much around already. Chef just says at point “everything has been done already at some point, even this very moment is taken from The Twilight Zone”.

Brilliant. :blush:

And, oh, yes. That was South Park. Good cartoon, despite I don’t follow it (seen just 3-4 episodes in total).
I’m very fond of the first 10 seasons of the simpson. The writers are great comedians.

And, by the way:

And I found lovely the same joke in TWP.

2 Likes

Is it the same joke, though? In this case the joke is that there are literally violin players present. In TwP it´s just used to underscore the jumpscare effect of Edna´s appearence (unless you´re refering to another part of the game).

Edit: Oh, you mean the part where the coroner appears under the blankets? Yeah I think they´re fourthwalling the violins there, so it is similar, but still not really the same.

No, I was referring to this:

And, you’re right, the joke is repeated when the coroner is sleeping.

Oh yeah, come to think of it the psycho violins are featured at least three times.

Ha! I would think it’s a High Anxiety reference.

There’s a scene where Mel Brooks is in a car with a chaffeur, the guy tells him someone is dead and he suspects “foul play”. Immediatly the screeching violins start playing, Mel Brooks is startled, and when he looks out of the window he sees a bus filled with an orchestra playing exactly that.

Wow. Nice and interesting comment. So the fatherhood of this joke belongs to Mel Brooks.
Apparently, he was the father of many good jokes:

Mel Brooks is the father of everything, including Max Brooks

Not to mention Stephanie, Nicky and Eddie Brooks, then.

1 Like

Except Max Landis, because he´s the son of John Landis…why do funny people name their sons Max?

Maybe because of this guy?

Wait a minute that show was also by Mel Brooks! And it included a joke that was referenced in Monkey Island “That´s the second biggest…I´ve ever seen”! :slight_smile:

1 Like