What's for dinner?

I can absolutly understand all your objections, you guys.

However:

is enough for me! :relaxed:

2 Likes

It’s not an objection, more slight bemusement. I should probably give you the context that I’ll say something to my wife like “let’s eat pasta and mushrooms” and I’ll mean it, too. She’ll object that something like that my suggestion is “not a meal.”

3 Likes

Ah, you too?

And I concur with the feeling that your spaghetti with meatballs misses tomatoes.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s mostly that.

Because

we cook them that way too:

It’s the sweden meatballs and all just put together that look strange to our “taste eyes”. But anyway, as my grandmother used to say:
Dove c’è gusto non c’è perdenza”.
Where your taste is, there is no loss. (Macaronic English translation)

2 Likes

It was really fast to make and tasted well. And I still have something left, too.

I vote for midnight meatball sandwich! Melt some cheese on it too. And pop in some onions.

Mmmm, vicarious snacking :drooling_face:

1 Like

If I can a piece of your cake for desert! :yum:

Erhm, this is a respectable place. We have families, here.
Can somebody please think of the children?

2 Likes

I was refering to that banana toffee cake!

Sheesh…

1 Like

Oh, sure… and I was referring to your pasta dish. Can you please blur it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Also, what cake? I have cake? *mad dash to kitchen*

Oh, the banoffee pie I keep forgetting to make! Yeah you can have some of that :wink:

2 Likes

If I were to censor all the accidental innuendo that comes out my mouth I would have to carry a bleeping kazoo with me 24/7!

1 Like

You do know what they say about the British cuisine, though!?

About as much as they know about bavarian restaurants.

4 Likes

:joy: (Nice touch with the bill!)

1 Like

And he literally says:“You were meaning to pay, sir?” :grin:

The entire german episode should still be up on youtube, my friends and I used to have a blast with many quotes from that. To bad it´s not included on the official DVD box.

1 Like

Sauerbraten the 2nd: after a week of marinating, it’s been sautéed, and is now slowly cooking in the marinade for the next 2 hours.

6 Likes

That is great. I can’t wait to see the final result.

Yesterday’s dinner: pizza with sausage and turnip greens:

2 Likes

Tada: waiting to be served

It’s actually not that difficult to prepare, just requires a bit of planning ahead. In fact, the hardest part is procuring the Macaroni, which are the traditional side dish in my family. Seems like a specie of pasta that is close to extinction these days, at least in German supermarkets.

4 Likes