What's for dinner?

Raw beef (a first for me), mussels, rice and assorted sides.

That fed 4, though we had a second helping of rice. And plenty of Soju.

4 Likes

Milan Gefahrnholz

4 Likes

2 Likes

Tonight we ate Dolsot Bibimbap, which is one of my top favourites in Korea.

Served on a bed of rice in a sizzling hot stone pot. Stir and enjoy!

5 Likes

We tend to get bottles of red wine as gifts over the holidays that we hardly ever drink. So tonight I’m cracking one open…

Cheers, Thimbleheads!

5 Likes

Nice and easy italian wine, though I’d match it with an american T-Bone.
Regarding italian pizza, I match it with an american Coke! :wink:

1 Like

How went your scientific trial, Professor Gefahrnholz?

1 Like

It was okay.

2 Likes

I’m a cold Italian pizza. I could use a lemon squeezer…

“Somebody out there needs me!”

1 Like

I guess it’s not really ‘dinner’, but I made some treats for our annual get-together with friends on Christmas Eve Eve (23 December, before anyone thinks the pedant made an error).

Chocolate ‘Brussels sprouts’ – mint dark chocolate truffles coated in green (white) chocolate and edible lustre

White Christmas – Rice Crispies, glacé cherries and sultanas in a soft, sweet milky texture

My friend made a delicious gluten-free raspberry cake

And my other (busier) friend bought these amazing chorizo pigs in blankets (I couldn’t even take a photo fast enough!)

4 Likes

:yum:

I saw that on Twitter a few days ago for the first time. And I thought we in germany were impatient!

2 Likes

It’s more that most of us don’t want to do anything on Christmas Eve, in case we’re hungover on Christmas Day :wink: (flashback to a large bottle of double-strength Absolut and a ‘misused’ gift bag)

1 Like

My friends annual get together was on the evening of the 25th. Ten years straight, always the same bar. Then I i had to drop out because I moved.

Was that a flashback to this year? :laughing: Hope you´re better now!

That’s a shame. I was surprised as many came to ours for the same reason.

About 15 years ago, which I think was the last Christmas Eve we did that!

1 Like

The line break didn’t exactly help…

2 Likes

Hm, starting early isn’t a bad move, actually. In my case, with half the family not talking to the other (but everyone on friendly terms with me), my last Christmas visit will be this afternoon, and I still managed to miss meeting my cousins. The good thing is, I didn’t have to cook dinner since Christmas Eve Eve :smile:.

1 Like

With Christmas feasting finally digested, and cold and ugly weather outside, time for a hearty Sunday lunch.

Roast pork with dumplings and savoy cabbage

I still don’t manage the cabbage exactly as my grandma(s) did, but it wasn’t too bad either. The rest was pretty standard.

4 Likes

grafik

Oo…er…you might wanna blur this one! :joy:

4 Likes