What's for dinner?

I see, this is gonna be me this summer...

grafik

Argh. Why do I always have to click on these hidden things…

1 Like

I hide them just for you, y`know.

3 Likes

I know, I know, (and I appreciate that!) but I can’t resist … :frowning:

So you are kind of intrigued, aren´t you?

Or how about simply appreciate the work of make up artists? They´re actually really nice people.

grafik

2 Likes

So these are 3 make up artists? Or one guy with different make up?
Either way, you prove your point, I guess :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Yes! :slight_smile:

grafik

grafik

2 Likes

Tonight we had crespelle.

How could I explain what a crespella is?

Well, basically it’s the same concept of lasagne: a baked timballo whose layers are separated by bechamel sauce.

So, where’s the difference? Well, in crespelle the various layers aren’t made of pasta… they’re made of… oh, my! …crepes!!

4 Likes

One of my housemates once made a pancake pie. It was like that, but with things like jam and mascarpone to separate the layers.

1 Like

This reminds me of a non-sweet dessert typical of Christmas time: gorgonzola pie. It’s made with gorgonzola, mascarpone, nuts and candied cherries.
Despite its name, it isn’t a real pie. It isn’t baked, and it is served cold.

1 Like

Right, I meant pancake cake, not pancake pie. But more with regard to the (lack of) crust situation than whether it’s baked or not.

Breakfast.

Recipe for a fast an tasty lunch.

Take a lot of embarrassingly expensive clams

A generous portion of linguine

Some cheap wine

Shake well

…and enjoy!

4 Likes

Good that you´re here, because I never got this.

How the fuck do you eat that? They´re all in their shells which you obviously don´t eat (or do you? In that case forget what I said) so do you eat the noodles, get the clams out of their shells one after the other?

I´ve seen that in restaurants and never got how that is supposed to convienient.
Why not get it out of the shells mix it with the noodles and eat it like that?

1 Like

It’s only inconvenient if you’re forced to eat it with chopsticks. (And even then, I’d be more worried about the linguine than the clams)

Oh, sure why not throw in a Weißwurst in for good measure?

Voraciously.

For two reasons. The first one is technical: you have to cook the clams inside their shell, because the shell is tight shut and it gets open with cooking. Then you have to complete the cooking of your pasta inside the pan with the clams, so you don’t have the time of unshelling them, which is quit a long job.
If you’re at home you can unshell all the clams prior to start eating (like I usually do), but you have to accept that your food will cool down a little. Obviously if you are going to serve it in a restaurant you can’t let it cool down, or -even worse- you can’t warm it up again.
Anyway, there’s a second important reason: the shells retain a lot of sauce, so most of the people like to suck the clam directly from the shell in order not to lose even the smallest drop.

2 Likes

But that way the noodles and meat never really mix, do they? Or do you pick some meat out of a shell, throw that away and roll some noodles around the fork (that´s how I´d imagine doing that).

My wife has a special talent in eating noodles with chopsticks. She has a personal technique… she swirls the chopsticks inside her hand as if they were a fork, achieving something like this:

2 Likes

Yeah, you imagine right. Well, they mix in the right place they have to: inside your mouth!
Anyway, as I told, I usually unshell most of my clams before starting eating, in order to eat mouthfuls of mixed stuff without beign bothere by the unshelling job… I recognize most of the people prefer to eat while it’s very warm and unshell as they eat, though.