Your current beeping phone wallpaper

A green-blueish swamp thing.

What happened?

Pro-tip: You can send text messages and you can turn your phone off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, seriously: I donā€™t like telephone calls at all because I canā€™t see the other person. So you are not alone. :slight_smile:

I realized it really doesnā€™t help me in this period of my life. When the last one broke, I bought another one which was too big. I sent it back, and after that I started using a normal cellular phone. Iā€™m super happy with that. But if Iā€™ll need one, Iā€™ll buy another one. I just think itā€™s a good approach to technology to use what we really need. There are many other fantastic inventions, not all are useful everytime.

Yeah, I use text messages (SMS) quite frequently. I use them and telegram, because you can use it on every device.
For calls, I like them. Itā€™s just a matter of balance. I also like Skype video-calls.
As for turning off the phone, well, ahem, Iā€™m quite apprehensive. If someone writes me something, Iā€™m in the mood of answering until I do that. Whatsapp was like a nightmare for me.
I also noted that since I come here, I do not go on facebook like before. Probably two times a week now.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s it! Exactly like that! But different.

Yes, I agree, well said. I need my phone only for my work. Otherwise I would only have a simple cell phone.

I donā€™t use Skype, because everybody would see that Iā€™m working from home in my pyjama (with this little bear on the front of my jacket). I feel a little bit unconformable if somebody can see me in it.

As I wrote in another thread: I have the impression that the Facebook usage is going down. And not because of the privacy scandal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should get this instead. All your problems will be solved!

grafik

2 Likes

What the hell is that? Is it supposed to attract women :grinning:?

I included the wikipedia article in the spoiler for those who havenĀ“t seen it before :slight_smile:

There is this new dating feature coming. And if you wear the T-Shirt with the wolvesā€¦

For me the problem is, that the posts there are completely uninteresting. The most interesting post I saw my ā€œfriendsā€ posting was a recipe.

1 Like

But I like my little bear!

2 Likes

No in is out but out is definitly in, still.

'#'sentences to avoid in tinder profile

2 Likes

Then Iā€™m still hip with the cool kids wearing blue jeans. Oh great. Another earworm in 3,2,1ā€¦

You know what I hate? Crazy Town. That song Butterfly. I fucking hate that song and I wanna punch people who tortured me with this crap in the early naughts.

2 Likes

What theā€¦ how is this supposed to be a fairly recent Internet phenomenon? Shirts like this could be found every year at the city fair in Cagliari sold by a guy who kinda looked like a native American but Iā€™m not sure he was, since 1990 at least.

2 Likes

Yes telegram. Whatsapp was bought by facebook a while ago, if you donā€™t trust FB you shouldnā€™t trust Whatsapp either.

4 Likes

You have a cat??
More pics please. Now. :cat:

1 Like

Two cats! Bro and sis

3 Likes

Awwwww! The first one has such a cute face :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah we had a store that mainly was selling cowboy boots, but stuff like this too. And that was the 90s also. I donĀ“t know who invented this style but there is lots of things like that and has been for years. Steve Morse has been wearing such shirts since forever. They probably make him good at playing the guitar.