Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

immagine

immagine

2 Likes

It’s Eurovision this weekend! Here’s one of my favourite songs, the UK entry from 2015.

1 Like

Are you a Eurovision fan? :slight_smile:

For all forum members not from Europe: The Eurovision Song Contest is a big, well, song contest where each country sends a musician with a song to the contest. Moreinformation on Wikipedia. For us Germans it is a little bit boring because we’ll lose each year. :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t follow it closely, but I like to watch the main show on Saturday if I can. Sometimes I listen to some of the songs in advance.

In 2015, I booked a trip to see my uni friend who was doing part of his Year Abroad in Vienna, and it happened to fall on Eurovision weekend! He’s a massive fan, so we went to watch it live on a screen in the special plaza they made. It was fun! :smile:

That’s the case for us too.

By the way, I find it hilarious that Australia have been doing better than most of the European entries :joy:

1 Like

Americans React to Weird Europeans? :wink: I’ll watch it when I get home!

Edit: they actually liked it! Yay!
Re-watching the full videos of Sweden and Moldova’s entries (#2 and #5), I remember how often vocal performance is lost to flashy dance moves. Eh, I love 'em anyway :kissing_heart:

ESC has been, like, mostly unknown in Italy for a long time.

If you ask Italians what the most important song contest in Europe, most of them will answer the Festival di Sanremo. If I’m not mistaken, Sanremo now counts as qualification for the ESC, but I think it’s a fairly recent rule, and before the participants were just nominated.

The first time I heard on Italian TV about Eurovision was when Conchita Wurst won. You know, unconventional sexuality is always a big topic here in Italy. Before that, national news always ignored the results of ESC. Then the next year they talked about ESC again, with the obvious pitch “the contest won last year by Conchita Wurst”.

1 Like

To me, ESC is only this:

4 Likes

The whole thing had gone pretty much into obscurity for almost 20 years in germany, too.

Then along came this guy:

2 Likes

This new song is dope.

What even is this??? :joy:

Stefan Raab is a famous comedian in Germany. He tried several times to win the ESC with nonsense songs. The text of the song in Milan’s video makes no sense. He was also responsible for this song (as the songwriter):

2 Likes

That one’s super-cringey :laughing:

1 Like

Meh, so is all the weird pop stuff from the east. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is the best Eurovision song with German in it :smile:
EINS ZWEI DREI TANZEN!

1 Like

Oddly enough that reminds me of this:

1 Like

Now that’s an earworm! :grin:

And who wrote that? Right, again a german.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with Eurovison:

1 Like

Actually it was a big hit in the 70s in Germany (said my parents…) :slight_smile:

1 Like